deskmod

revenant

[H]F Squad Captain
I finally got sick of all the cables in view on my desk area.....and tonight, I did something about it. :) I need to clean up some of the holes a little, but all in all, I am very pleased with the outcome.

whew. :)

Nice job. I need to do this also but my table is glass and metal so no cutting holes in my desk.

I cant help but notice the last pic under your pc....paris hilton.

Need some more QUALITY stuff please.
lol

nice desk, very clean and quite large.

lol ... ok now, I _know_ you all are going to see house of wax... lol.. more like house of WACKED!! heh... but I like Paris... she's purdy.. lol

Thanks for the comments. :)

Since I don't think it was asked, what kind of desk is that? Brand/model/etc?

wow - I still have the manual.. lol.... it's a Bush model WC72446

heh heh... I said "bush" ... cool, heh heh...

If that's your work office, where can I get a job with equipment like that where they'll let me carve holes?

omg! you also have aeron office chair!

you're filthy rich! what do you do?

is this your home office? or at work office?

LOL -- yeah, the herman miller... I love this chair... *choke* *sniffle* ;)

I started working for this great start up and they had BUCKS back in 2000 so everyone got sweet salaries, awesome desks, and yes, Herman Miller Aeron chairs. So when the dot-bomb bombed out, our company almost went out of business, so they laid off a bunch of people and thus had a bunch of extra chairs... they had a massive "sell the excess chairs to the employees" sale. SCORE! I paid $300 for it... it's like a $700 chair I think... I got one for my mom also. Anyways... I am a systems engineer and work from home a LOT, sometimes for like 24 hours in a row and mad stuff like that... so I get paid well, but I work my a$$ off... I go to the office (in San Francisco in the financial dist) also, but like my home setup SOOO much more, so I like to work here when I can... I am sort of an idiot because I spend all my $$ one this computer crap and home theater stuff, and my car, when I really should be saving more. lol... but enough with my fiscals. heh... Toys are fun!! :)

PS: so this is my computer den @ home... to answer that question for sure. :)

Looks good.
Just don't change your mind where you wanna put stuff on your desk. :D

It's the Saitek PC gamers keyboard.... I really really like it for gaming... wow... solid and looks awesome at night with the blue back-glow. :) one of the best 49 bucks I ever spent. :)

I have a 5$ keyboard. But thats not the funny part its i have a 70$ mouse lol.

heh... I can see that! you want a very precise mouse for gaming goodness. :) I am thinking about getting rid of the mx700 for a wired mx510 or maybe the new one, the 518 is it? I'll just shove that cord down the keyboard cable hole also. heh

Oh shizzle - there's a BB right near my place... I am there tonight!! does anyone know if they have Bawls there? Else I might be headed to CUSA for another case of that... I have completely changed my morning coffee out for a Bawls! I'm hooked. lol

if you go to the hardware store they have inserts for holes like those, to feed the wires through.

You don't really need them, but it would look more professional.

I don't know about you guys, but IMO, I think it's stupid for him to put holes on the desk like that just for wiring. Not to include that it's an expensive and a nice desk. And I also think it's pretty hedious how he tapes around the holes like that, I think it would look pretty damn ugly if you look at it in real life. I am sure you could hide your wires without having to drill all those holes on that nice desk.

...everyone is entitled to their opinion...

real world? well, I am here. Welcome aboard. LOL. If my desk had nothing on it, I would NOT have done this, but I have tons of stuff on it, many of which require power, video feeds, USB feeds, etc... I have gone wireless where I can, but I still need some wires... but I guess you might have needed to see it before and then after to really appreciate that it helped...

...not sure how you had hiding the wires in mind without going the route I did, but I am all ears/eyes if you want to elaborate...

Yeah, the black tape is a little gehtto, but it was only a temp fix for cleaning up the drill areas... and it does match the hole guides which came on the desk as standard equipent pretty well... the goal would be to get plastic sleaving with a very small "lip" made custom for them, but that's a job for another day... plus I have the holes almost completely covered with things, so you can even see them.

vapb400 said:
if you go to the hardware store they have inserts for holes like those, to feed the wires through.

You don't really need them, but it would look more professional.

yeah - I am going to get those pretty soon... I need to hit OSH for a few other things as well anyways... :)

Yes, I'll definitely post some pictures of my station once Ikea arrived here in Dallas, Texas and of course I have to get a new computer. Currently, I just parted out my computer so I don't have a computer to utilize or set up. I'll probably get one before October (I know!!!) because I am trying to save my money to get the Dell 24" (oh yeah). And again, IMO I don't think it worth it to messed up your desk like that.

right on... I still don't think it's messed up, lol, but anyways... you see, my desk is completely exposed to my livingroom, so it was /way/ worth it to me to get those cables hidden... without putting holes there, you would still see them, no matter how neetly you tacked them down, etc... and I can cap those holes off very easily... and it's not like I knocked the holes out with a screw driver and hammer. lol. anyways... I guess it just boils down to where some people see improvment, some do not. :)

Back