Desk Recommendations

jflail2

Gawd
Anyone have any recommendations for a nicer pc desk? I recently picked up a 24" Gateway monitor, and with my current desk it feels like my eyes are literally touching the screen...........

So what I'm looking for is something basic, clean and rather deep. I need the monitor to sit far enough away from me so that I can actually see it. I had something like a cherry/ darker finish in mind.

I have also had thoughts of mounting the monitor to the wall and then having the desk on rollers so that I could slide it over a lazboy :)

What I don't want:

ultra-modern look, corner desk, glass tops, cheap aluminum pipes/legs, etc.

What I do want:

Clean, classy, actual furniture look.

I know this is rather broad, but I am open to suggestions. Anyone have any?

IKEA is pretty popular, and even though I have never personally bought from them, I have heard that prices are pretty decent for good quality furniture. I've also heard shipping prices can be high, but that's something you'd need to check into.

Hmm I'm one for buildin my own but my last desk was Ikea and it was nice and wide, Lots of room and I had 3 19 inch monitors on it for my Mac Work station at the time.. cost me about $100 or so.. Only reason I got ride of it was because I wanted my own..

Hmm. Wish I had the space to build one, but I'm in an apt in the middle of downtown....

As for Ikea, there is one within driving distance of me, so shipping isn't an issue. I just don't want to drive 2 hours there to find out its all crap.

Its no so much the width as it is the depth that I'm interested in.

Thanks for you input.

Back