• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Desk Advice ?

theNoid

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
7,441
I've looked high and low, but just can't seem to find a desk that will fit my needs (I'm not building one .. lol). The Jerker from Ikea looks like the functionality would be perfect (as I'm running dual 19" CRT monitors), but the style is just.. bleh. I'm sort of looking for something less industrial looking more tempered glass+wood mix.

Any suggestions or links to some good desks ? Thanks
 
I would say your best bet is going to be checking out smaller, more expensive stores. I went to stores in town that specialize in wood furniture and they had an awesome selection. Mind you they were a lot more expensive then going with an "expensive looking laminated mdf desk" but I know the quality is there and they will last me a long time.

I spent about 15K outfitting my home office with a couple desks, a full sized cabinet, and some wall furniture.
 
I am using a used "cherry conference room desk" that is 36x72".

It looks like a standard desk which I think looks better than the cheap computer desks I have seen. The top is a laminated 1-1/4" thick particleboard that gives it a very solid feel and makes it completely waterproof.

The only downside is I keep managing to fill the top of the desk with clutter.

Edit: It appears I have an older version of this http://www.shoplet.com/office/db/g15278.html only I have a different drawer configuration, different color and no wire holes in the top. Note how the sucker weighs 371lbs!
 
Back
Top