Designed for P67?

Howie

Limp Gawd
I wouldn't 100% take my word for it, but to me it seems like it's the exact same ram. Just marketing.

Also SOME heatsinks might have fitment issues w/ the taller ram. Like I have a Thermalright Silver Arrow and my front mounted fan literally sits on the older G.Skill. The newer one you linked seems to have a taller profile.

Not all DDR3 will work well on P67. The general consensus is that 1.5v or lower voltage RAM is fine, 1.65v is iffy, and anything above is a bad idea. The regular Ripjaws is 9-9-9-24 at 1.5v anyway (same as the Ripjaws X), so I doubt there is a difference. I'm running the regular red Ripjaws on my P67 and I have zero problems with it. The Ripjaws X larger heatspreaders might have clearance issues with a Hyper 212+, though.

Thanks guys. I was thinking it wouldn't matter since the specs seemed to be exactly the same. I did order the one designed for P67 since it came out cheaper with the newegg promo. I do have the Hyper 212+ so I'll see if it clears. I suppose there's no reason not to order the design for P67 memory unless it's more expensive.

Back