• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Designate seperate programs to different audio outputs?

Retnaburn

n00b
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
17
As far as I can tell there is no way to do this. I figured if there was, then someone here would know about it.

It's simple. For example: Say I want to send music from firefox to my speakers, voice chat to my headphones, game audio to monitor 1 speakers, movie audio from AVG to monitor 2, and random program audio to monitor 3. Is there a program to do this? If not, why? We can make a nekkid lady dance on our taskbar, but we can't have full control of our audio?
 
Last edited:
You first need multiple audio cards... and, in one of your use-cases, HDMI output from a video card that can send both audio and video signals.

Though the lame "apples and oranges" analogy makes me wonder what the real backstory is to this thread.
 
The back story is that I'm starting to stream, and while I've always wanted to choose which device any program audio was sent to, it's become a priority to me now. I was asking why we can't grow apples when we can grow oranges, not comparing them.

I'm looking for a software solution.

Edit: As far as I know, even if I had multiple audio cards, I still would not be able to choose which program was being sent to which device. Maybe I wasn't clear? I want the audio to be played from different devices of my choosing at the same time.
 
Last edited:
You can go into your programs and choose what audio device you want to use. However this might not work simultaneously. For e.g. my Skype alerts go to the speakers, but I am listening to the audio from a VLC video on headphones. When I get a skype message VLC and the skype alert play through the speakers while the headphones become silent for a second.

My computer (or Windows more likely) has a mind of it's own. I either have 1 volume control or 3 and sometimes I need to change the output device because a not connected device is being used.

sePWJMU.png
 
The only program that I have found that will do what you want is IndieVolume. It works so far with windows 7 for me.
 
You can go into your programs and choose what audio device you want to use. However this might not work simultaneously. For e.g. my Skype alerts go to the speakers, but I am listening to the audio from a VLC video on headphones. When I get a skype message VLC and the skype alert play through the speakers while the headphones become silent for a second.

My computer (or Windows more likely) has a mind of it's own. I either have 1 volume control or 3 and sometimes I need to change the output device because a not connected device is being used.

sePWJMU.png

Thank you but unfortunately I've tried this and it doesn't work the way I want it to.

The only program that I have found that will do what you want is IndieVolume. It works so far with windows 7 for me.

This is exactly what I've been looking for, thank you! It doesn't work on Firefox, but seems compatible with everything else I throw at it.
 
Ya, it still has some bugs to work out, but honestly its a function that should be in fucking windows to begin with...
 
Exactly. I was pretty frustrated with that fact when I started the thread. I didn't mean to direct it at anyone here.
 
See if you can change the output of the plugin-container.exe process.
 
Back
Top