Design my own network YAY!

Superfly3176

Supreme [H]ardness
I have a lab assignment to design my own network. It needs at least 2 19" equipment racks. This runs into my first problem. What sort of mounting accessories must be factored into 19" racks? All the assignment says is they need 4 rails each.

My second more worthwhile question is stackable switches, specifically 3com. Do they all need to be of the same model switch in order to work, or can it be like a 4900 series and a 3800 series? The switches also need 2 multimode GB fiber ports to allow connectivity between the main telecommunication room (floor #2) and the expansion (floor #10)

Thanks for all the help.

Do you have any math homework we can do for you also? LoL, I kid.

I guess it depends on the rack but some rails just clip into the rack and screw into the server and then they just slide together.

They can be any model number, it don't matter.

Switch wise they will all work together, sticking with one Brand (3com, cisco, etc) is probably a good idea.

Do you have any math homework we can do for you also? LoL, I kid.

Well, A few days ago I could have asked for help with subnetting but I got that now.

Thanks he said that the switches usually come with things, so not to worry about it. Thanks alot.

Back