So I bought these D2000s 3 months ago. I am sure they are burned in because I left music playing all day several times.
I plugged them into onboard audio source and I was amazed..but the amazement didn't last long, I think I was just overwhelmed by the sound because I had to put up with crap quality speakers for a while.
After some weeks of use I realized they're not as good as I thought they would be..I knew that I was using onboard audio and that was kind of stupid to use with these kinds of high-end headphones.
The sound sounded to me very bland, I like to have the "oomph", ya know? I like to be able to feel the music beat my ears, feel the sound at not very high volumes. These headphones seem much more inclined to the treble side. Good trebles, etc, the bass doesn't seem to be there. I don't know..but I'm just not feeling the bass. I'm not a professional or anything with years of experience with different equipment but this is just my point of view. I always thought "I'm using onboard audio, what more can I expect?".. So I borrowed my friend's Prelude, sounded MUCH MUCH better but still not what I wanted from the beginning. I heard a lot of people saying that the D2000s go good with an amp. I don't have any friends with an amp and do not really feel like spending hundreds of dollars on an amp. I was thinking of making my own but I heard the parts still add up to a pretty penny. I've also noticed some static noise when playing my music, at first I thought it was because I was using onboard audio and it was just so weak and couldn't handle my music..but I still heard static noise with the Prelude..It wasn't the music either, I made sure.
Anyways, they sound nice but not as nice as I hoped.
They are very nicely built, VERY comfortable.
Cable is very durable and nice.
One thing that bugs me is the bolt that holds the ear part to the headband is using a bolt and the earphone gets it's movement from the bolt and after some time it starts squeeking. Very annoying when adjusting the headphones on your head or taking them on/off.
In the end: They're alright, I'm just being very critical. I seem somewhat skeptical if I should've really spent $211 on these headphones and I still wonder to this day if I could've gotten something better for less.
Feel free to post your thoughts. Thanks.
10/10 Comfortability
9/10 Durability
6.5/10 Sound
I plugged them into onboard audio source and I was amazed..but the amazement didn't last long, I think I was just overwhelmed by the sound because I had to put up with crap quality speakers for a while.
After some weeks of use I realized they're not as good as I thought they would be..I knew that I was using onboard audio and that was kind of stupid to use with these kinds of high-end headphones.
The sound sounded to me very bland, I like to have the "oomph", ya know? I like to be able to feel the music beat my ears, feel the sound at not very high volumes. These headphones seem much more inclined to the treble side. Good trebles, etc, the bass doesn't seem to be there. I don't know..but I'm just not feeling the bass. I'm not a professional or anything with years of experience with different equipment but this is just my point of view. I always thought "I'm using onboard audio, what more can I expect?".. So I borrowed my friend's Prelude, sounded MUCH MUCH better but still not what I wanted from the beginning. I heard a lot of people saying that the D2000s go good with an amp. I don't have any friends with an amp and do not really feel like spending hundreds of dollars on an amp. I was thinking of making my own but I heard the parts still add up to a pretty penny. I've also noticed some static noise when playing my music, at first I thought it was because I was using onboard audio and it was just so weak and couldn't handle my music..but I still heard static noise with the Prelude..It wasn't the music either, I made sure.
Anyways, they sound nice but not as nice as I hoped.
They are very nicely built, VERY comfortable.
Cable is very durable and nice.
One thing that bugs me is the bolt that holds the ear part to the headband is using a bolt and the earphone gets it's movement from the bolt and after some time it starts squeeking. Very annoying when adjusting the headphones on your head or taking them on/off.
In the end: They're alright, I'm just being very critical. I seem somewhat skeptical if I should've really spent $211 on these headphones and I still wonder to this day if I could've gotten something better for less.
Feel free to post your thoughts. Thanks.
10/10 Comfortability
9/10 Durability
6.5/10 Sound