Demonoid registration is now open!!!

Registration is surprisingly still open if anyone wants to join. Usually it's open only for a half hour or so.

Lol, server is getting toasted.

"The account you are trying to activate does no longer exist. If an account is not activated, it's automatically deleted after a few days. You'll have to create the account again."

*sigh*, was worth a try I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the torrents posted on Demonoid any good???

I just looked for the latest Terminator and the topmost Torrent is 720p x264 (it says x286 lol) and is only 350MB, should be 1.1GB.
Clearly it is not the 720p version or is a total hoax.
Not impressed.

Thousands of torrents on Demonoid, if you judge the site by one then I wish you the best of luck in your torrenting adventures. Yes it is a good site. Plenty of private trackers that are far better but for some really obscure torrents for rare hard to find stuff Demonoid is wonderful.

Thanks just signed up.

Whats the difference between Demoniod and search engine site like BT junkie like I use normally?

Are the torrents posted on Demonoid any good???

I just looked for the latest Terminator and the topmost Torrent is 720p x264 (it says x286 lol) and is only 350MB, should be 1.1GB.
Clearly it is not the 720p version or is a total hoax.
Not impressed.

obviously your going to find files like these on any torrent site, you need to search out the good from the bad the good thing about Demonoid is that its one of the few sites where the new stuff shows up first. The fact it is invite only means if you have a membership your the first to get the latest and greatest of whatever.

demonoid and btjunkie are all i use, demonoid is first choice usually

Demonoid is a private, ratio-enforced tracker (at least sort of ratio-enforced). The amount you leech and seed is recorded and you're obligated to maintain a certain ratio (off-hand I don't recall what it is). So, unlike with a public tracker in which seeding is entirely optional, seeding on Demonoid is mandatory.

Demonoid's an "entry-level" private tracker. It's helpful to build a strong ratio on it so you can potentially gain entry into the more elite trackers (those who interview, anyway), so seed as much as you can (but not too much...).

Thanks just signed up.

Whats the difference between Demoniod and search engine site like BT junkie like I use normally?

A huge difference between your ordinary public tracker and Demonoid is that, as some have already mentioned, Demonoid has torrents that are hard to find. If you normally download easy to find torrents, let's say your favorite artist's new album, Demonoid might not seem like a special tracker since a popular music album can be found via your everyday public tracker. However, if you normally use torrents to obtain harder to find files, such as an Xbox 360 video game (by the way you must own an original copy or it's illegal), then Demonoid would be an excellent tracker for your needs.

Another difference is that Demonoid and other private trackers rarely distribute torrents that are working improperly or carry worms, trojans, etc.... This is because uploaders are usually long standing members who wouldn't upload infested files to the tracker. Also, considering private trackers are failry small (when compared to public trackers) in the numbers of members, moderators can easily and quickly remove a torrent if it does contain harmful malware. Torrents that are not working properly are often reported through members’ comments and resolved either by the original uploader or another tracker member. In contrast, I’ve found that public trackers often have people bitching back and forth about a torrent not working instead of finding a solution. Often, the issue with the torrent just goes unresolved.

Hope this helped you out a bit ;)

Last edited:
Demonoid does not require a ratio whatsoever, I have had a .2 ratio there for the past six months. Unlike many of the better private trackers which actually make you watch your ratio.

Demonoid does not require a ratio whatsoever, I have had a .2 ratio there for the past six months. Unlike many of the better private trackers which actually make you watch your ratio.

You are 100% correct randomdean. Demonoid doesn't require you to keep a balanced share ratio in order for you to remain a member. I made a mistake in my past post regarding this and I've edited it out. Thanks for pointing this out to me.

Torrents aren't the same as warez, didn't you get the memo?

can someone name some more "elite sites"?
any way i can generate some invites for demonoid, joined back in 2005
pm me with info on your seed on other sites

anyone have invites for ntorrents or hdbits?

That site also has countless free domain torrents. Including some very hard to find ones as well. No lecture needed here.

This site has loads of warez distributed via bittorrent. What precisely is the difference?
Your habits cant be that sanctimonious if you know so much ;)

The internet has many ways of obtaining illegal data.
In your world, the internet would be banned.
I'm not sure I prefer such an elitist attitude.

Man I missed it?! I've wanted a demonoid account forever, if anyone has an invite I'll be eternally thankful!

piratebay.org rox my sox

Invite if possible. I can't believe I always miss out on the good stuff...

bit-hdtv.com, what,cd, waffles.fm, bitgamer.com, and there are many many more than that.

Demonoid is pretty good; I primarily frequent there and TPB since I don't know about some of the other, lesser-known sites.

R.I.P. Oink though...man what a loss that was. :( Wish I could be a part of more sites that had such an acute focus on quality, with anything sub-par or not meeting stringent requirements not even being allowed.

They came back a year ago and I bet all the accounts people made then for hit and runs are starting to run out. Should be quite a few spots available over the next month or so.

ew, pirate bay ftw :), anyways, most the downloads from demonoid are taken from tpb

No you got it backwards actually. Pirate Bay is the Wal Mart of torrent sites, low quality shit populated by cretins.

No you got it backwards actually. Pirate Bay is the Wal Mart of torrent sites, low quality shit populated by cretins.

that is correct, there are alot of things i get off the TPB and they have a file with them claiming them to be from Demonoid.

Back