Demonoid is down for the count

Vertigo Acid

2(-log[H+])4u
Popular BitTorrent tracker Demonoid, which in September blocked all Canadian access due to threats from the CRIA (Canadian Recording Industry Association), shut its doors completely yesterday, due to the specter of litigation from our friends to the north. The webpage currently reads:

The CRIA threatened the company renting the servers to us, and because of this it is not possible to keep the site online. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your understanding.
This comes just weeks after raids on another large BT tracker, Oink's Pink Palace, and on the same day as authorities in Poland shutdown pre-release music site HPN. International law enforcement agencies and recording associations around the globe have made it clear that they are cracking down on BitTorrent trackers distributing music.

Sad to see them go. They had darn near the biggest collection of anything you could imagine on there, and almost never had dead torrents. :(

They are likely to be back at some point though...Just not based in Canada anymore (was silly in the first place given the CRIA problem recently). I saw something referring to their IRC channel w/ a cryptic "we might be back" message, but I guess it all depends on what the actual Demonoid owner decides to do.

Damn It.
All that wasted time keeping my ratio of illegal file transfers up at a decent percentage.
Oh well, one down. 1,000 more sites to go (to).

I expect they'll be back up based in another country. They're one of the most popular torrent sites out there, so I highly doubt they'd give up after a couple of threats of litigation(just look at TPB).

They'll be back, either by the same owners, or by a new owner in another country........

Pretty scumbag move on the CRIA's party IMO, but thats what those companies are known for.

[+mntrSCTf] Welcome to #Demonoid | Site is down, tracker is intermittent (sometimes up, sometimes down), No Current ETA is known. That is all we know...DON'T ASK | Alternate forums at www.demonoiders.com. Expect the site to return, unless we hear otherwise from Deimos.

Demonoid will be back shortly.

OK, So I'm like WHO THE F### is this Malcom guy....

Then I see it....:)

Congrats bro....have fun and enjoy it....

They'll be back in some shape or form.

I've either read the tea leaves or made a simple estimate. The leaves tell me to lean to the latter.

This shows that money talks and bullshit walks when it comes to governments. RIAA/MPAA and the comparative native organizations have bought the legislation and killed the fair use rights in a majority of developed countries.

Fuck them. I'm not buying another product from those scumbags.

What are you going to as an alternative? im lost as to where i should look. thanks in advance.

ohhhh!, send me a pm then, didnt know id be getting in trouble by asking, i apologize. thanks for the heads up tho.

Back