Delta Force: Hawk Ops

polonyc2

Fully [H]
Delta Force Return Teased; Full Reveal at Gamescom Opening Night Live

Developer TiMi Studio Group has teased the return of Delta Force, the classic voxel-based military first-person shooter that debuted on PC a quarter-century ago...the new game will be a cross-platform effort spanning PC, consoles, and mobile...more will be revealed at the proper unveiling next week at Gamescom Opening Night Live...

https://www.ign.com/articles/delta-force-return-teased-full-reveal-at-gamescom-opening-night-live

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8Ck8hTeBvg

The original Delta Force Black Hawk Down was bad ass....by comparison this looks straight up cheesy and cringe.

"Cross platform - Mobile"

And zero interest from me. It can not be a full featured game if it is developed in concert and across mobile as a primary platform.

Sorry, but this just looks like another Call of Duty clone. The original game from which this gets its namesake was a tactical military simulation. This looks like just yet another Michael Bay military fantasy.

Graphically it looks nice. Though what kind of game will it be? If I recall the older games were single player/co-op, semi realistic and slightly more action oriented versions of games like Ghost Recon and whatnot. Some of these trailers make it look like another Call of Duty/Fortnite kitbash multiplayer game.

Edit: Okay this looks a bit ambitious but I think the multiplayer will be a micro transaction infested game with silly cosmetic crap and seasons passes/grinding. Confirmed to have "operators" and gimmicky stuff. Free to play, so I expect a disaster.

If they manage to keep it sane it looks like there will be a Battlefield style mode (Havoc Warfare) and a co-op specific mode.

• Large-Scale PvP Mode - Havoc Warfare: Compete as part of a large team on massive maps, featuring authentic terrains and including military vehicles, tanks and helicopters in a grand war.
  • Extraction Mode - Hazard Operations: Squad up and take on other teams or AI-controlled mercenaries and royal guards in the Hazard Operations, the most tactical take on the popular extraction genre to date. Random events across massive maps will keep players engaged, as well as selecting challenging PvE-focused missions as part of the experience.

Campaign is UE5, but other modes are UE4?

The video teaser is focused on the game's 'Black Hawk Down' campaign mode, which is being developed with Unreal Engine 5. Weirdly enough, that won't be true for the other two modes available in Delta Force: Hawk Ops, which will presumably be made in Unreal Engine 4 instead.

Not sure about PvP?

Last edited:
The campaign looks interesting. Though it is at odds with the multiplayer side of things. Looks like an authentic (though not extremely realistic) campaign mode, with a gamerbro kiddie style multiplayer. I suppose it was the only way to get the campaign or game made in modern times though.

I'm not sure why they made this free-to-play...seems pretty polished and I just assume free means lower quality

Had a lot of fun with the older games so will be looking forward to this one also.

I'm not sure why they made this free-to-play...seems pretty polished and I just assume free means lower quality

Free to play just means "this game will cost you more than a $60 game". Free to play games are always more expensive.

Back