Dell......

Craig

n00b
Ok maybe I am a bit biased, couse I have only one dell and it works great but I am getting sick and tired of all the bull crap that is being printed on here and other websites.

Many "experts" advising agaist purchising dell laps, but this is so untrue.

Depenidng on what your needs are, dell could be just what you are looking for.

Personally, I just need a basic function laptop, and dells 1100 fits me well, and after a bunch of deals, then calling after i recived the laptop I got the price down to $610 shipped.

While every laptop might not be the best from dell, I am a happy coustomer and would gladdley do buisness again.

Also the one time I called tech support (CD player stuck) my call was answered in a decent time (10 min or so), and I spoke to some one in the us witha decent understanding of comps.

ok rant over....

and it's your opinion. After all forums are for opinions and user experiences. You will hear positive and negative posts on all systems really. Just sometimes, a particular post may be from a user who has had nightmares with a product, and other forum members at that time may have had bad experiences too and will "jump on the bandwagon" so to speak. It's good you are happy and satified and for you that's what matters. Relax, it's all about opinions. That's it. Read them and make your decisions not solely on these, but do the research..
:)

For most people Dell is one of the better pre-built systems...

I would probably never buy one, seeing as I enjoy building my own and tinkering with them, but for the everyday computer user Dells/HPs/E-Machines/Gateways are all essentially the same.

Most people don't benchmark, play 3D games with AA/AF cranked up or do crazy programming on thier machines, so really any box will do.

It's all relative.

Also, a lot of forums, especially this one is based mostly on problems users are having. So the majority of posts are going to be problem oriented. You won't be seeing as many posts that praise a product because these users are happy with their product and have nothing more to say.

Considering how many Dell computers are sold, only a small fraction have major problems just like any other company.

To each their own.

Some have had horrible experiences and that's what they base their opinions on. Same for the other way around.

It's just the way people are, though.

while not bragging, I would like to point out I am by no means an average computer user.

While my knowledge is less with laptops, I am a confident desktop builder and troubleshooter.

What I am saying is that for me ive not had problems. What I get upset, is when people go around saying dont by dell they suck buy..................
and so on
I think you people have gotten my drift here.

Back