Dell Zino and 63" Samsung Plasma

MavsX

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey fellas-

I got a Dell Zino with HDMI out going to a Samsung 63" Plasma (1080p but of course!) Anyway, when i'm looking at the zino on the plasma the screen seems to flicker a little bit, I'm sure this isn't an ideal set up, but I'm wondering what options i have to make this plasma look good when connected to the zino

Below are a few specs.

Hard Drive - 640GB
Memory - 4GB Dual Channel DDR2
Processor - AMD Dual Core Athlon X2 3250e (1MB L2, 1.5GHz)

thanks fellas!

Is the flicker more than random? Could be the nature of the beast with a lot of other cables and such around the TV and Zino. You know...other components..DVD, Surround sound...etc causing some static.

Try a new cable, hook up to another tv, make sure your refresh rate is correctly set on the zino and that the tv accepts it. Tv size shouldn't matter on this as 1080p on a 20" screen is same amount of work to put it out to a 100" screen. update drive maybe.

Is the flicker more than random? Could be the nature of the beast with a lot of other cables and such around the TV and Zino. You know...other components..DVD, Surround sound...etc causing some static.

the flicker seems to be kind of random, but it only happens when the zino is being used. It's hooked up via HDMI. It even kind of flickers when i am just looking at the desktop (on the plasma)

Try a new cable, hook up to another tv, make sure your refresh rate is correctly set on the zino and that the tv accepts it. Tv size shouldn't matter on this as 1080p on a 20" screen is same amount of work to put it out to a 100" screen. update drive maybe.

what should the refresh rate be set at?

Back