Dell XP_pro_sp2 cd

nomak

Limp Gawd
Can I integrate SP3 onto my dell SP2 cd without running into any issues and what software is recommended to do so.. I have heard that when integrating SP3 onto dell SP2 cd there have been issues but wondered if anyone here has done so without problems and how they did so.. thanks..

I just got over a nightmare with doing something similar to this. At work I was able to get SP3 nlited into XP Pro just fine. I tried doing it last night for XP Home, at home, and it kept locking up, giving errors or randomly rebooting during XP install. I tried 3 times, with different XP source CD's and it just wouldn't work. It would integrate and burn fine but the install process kept bugging out. It did once fully install but I kept getting Windows critical errors (that yellow triangle warning). I ended up just installing XP SP2 real disc and it worked flawlessly.

I also noticed when I integrated SP3, on that one "successful" install, most of my hardware installed by default. However with just SP2, several items did not install. I didn't think SP3 included more drivers?

well I been just installing my sp2 cd first then installing the sp3 update seperately from a file I have burned onto cd but this takes as additional 20 mins im guessing to go at it this route..not sure about the driver siruation though but if they did add more thats a good thing. maybe more sata drive support >??

Back