Dell Warranty

PolygonGTC

[H]ard|Gawd
I just tried contacting Dell about the warranty on one of my U2412Ms. I was told that since I bought it from Amazon I need to talk to them. Does Dell not honor their warranty if you buy from third parties?

worked fine for me when i contacted them. bought it from a dutch website.

got it repalced with a 1,5 minute phone call!

Are you sure you're talking to tech support and not order/returns support?

Usually warranty services are based on a serial number or similar.

When I worked Dell phone support if a monitor was not tied to a computer's serial we would use the monitor's serial number to determine manufacture date, and if within 3 years replace it under a dummy tag.

That was like 5 years ago though.

This is what I did/found when I bought my monitor from Amazon.

Dell 3rd party warranty registration: Link

Are you sure you're talking to tech support and not order/returns support?

Usually warranty services are based on a serial number or similar.

It was order support/customer service.

This is what I did/found when I bought my monitor from Amazon.

Dell 3rd party warranty registration: Link

I tried to use that link, but it wants a service tag and neither monitor has a service tag.

In my experience the Dell reps seem to have a difficult time comprehending that you bought a monitor without a computer. It absolutely should be covered, keep trying until you get a rep who can figure that out. (Unless you bought it less then 30 days ago, then call amazon.)

In my experience the Dell reps seem to have a difficult time comprehending that you bought a monitor without a computer. It absolutely should be covered, keep trying until you get a rep who can figure that out. (Unless you bought it less then 30 days ago, then call amazon.)

Yeah, it's over 30 days. I'm going to try calling tech support instead and use my serial numbers.

No service tag on the back of the monitor? That may prove difficult to get warranty from.

Actually, a lot of Dell monitors don't have service tags on them. It even says so on their site.

did you actually bother to read that post in the link?

it tells you exactly what to do, I had to do this last week.

Retail Brick/Online Store Dell Monitor Purchase
Sams Club
According to the Sams Club website, all of the monitors they sell have this notation, "This product is covered by the Sam's Club Member Satisfaction Guarantee.". Dell does not provide warranty coverage for these.

CostCo, Walmart, Best Buy, Amazon, etc.
* All customers who purchased either the 27" or 30" Dell monitors should go to this site and register the monitor service tag in your name.
* All other customers with smaller monitors should follow these instructions -
Contact Dell Order Support for your country. They will need to contact the "Tag Team" through internal chat WHILE you are on the phone with them. Provide the following information to the Dell Order Support agent so they can feed it to the Tag Team -
Brick or Online Store =
Purchase date =
Monitor Model =
Monitor Part number =
Monitor 20 digit PPID Serial number =
[Your Information]
Email =
Name =
Shipping Address =
Phone =
The Tag Team will create a unique Dell Order number tying you to the monitor. The Tag Team will then provide to the Order Support representative your unique Dell Order number.

Back