dreamreality
Gawd
- Joined
- Sep 21, 2004
- Messages
- 603
Just received my Vostro 1500 yesterday. Ordered on 7/16. Expected ship date was 8/12 which would be cutting it close before i leave for college (8/19). Luckily it shipped last friday and i received it yesterday (7/30). I was surprised dell was able to get my order out so quickly. I will take some pics later and give a more thorough review of it if anyone is interested. All i can say thus far is
1. It is HEAVY but normal for any 15".
2. Vista sucks =P
3. I can't find the 2nd SO-Dimm slot. There is only one slot under the laptop so i'm assuming the other is under the keyboard. I will try to research this later today since i just bought 2x1gb crucial sticks.
The specs i got were
1.6ghz C2D
1gb Mem
120gb HD
256mb 8600m GT
and the other basics.
I went pretty basic with this laptop, since i needed it to be cheap and fast. I was mainly worried about the video card so i went with the fastest they got. For you WoW fans, the 8600M GT will run WoW flawlessly on ALL high settings. I noticed some slight FPS lag but that's prob because i'm running 30mb worth of UI mods and i only have 1gb ram at the moment. Once i upgrade to 2gb i will let you guys know how well it runs. I'm sure without any mods it will run much smoother.
Let me know if you guys wanna know anything else about it!
1. It is HEAVY but normal for any 15".
2. Vista sucks =P
3. I can't find the 2nd SO-Dimm slot. There is only one slot under the laptop so i'm assuming the other is under the keyboard. I will try to research this later today since i just bought 2x1gb crucial sticks.
The specs i got were
1.6ghz C2D
1gb Mem
120gb HD
256mb 8600m GT
and the other basics.
I went pretty basic with this laptop, since i needed it to be cheap and fast. I was mainly worried about the video card so i went with the fastest they got. For you WoW fans, the 8600M GT will run WoW flawlessly on ALL high settings. I noticed some slight FPS lag but that's prob because i'm running 30mb worth of UI mods and i only have 1gb ram at the moment. Once i upgrade to 2gb i will let you guys know how well it runs. I'm sure without any mods it will run much smoother.
Let me know if you guys wanna know anything else about it!