Dell Venue 8 Pro for $199.99

Please put in store only on these deals that are in store only! I was all excited about this until I found out it was in store only. :mad:

meh, even at $199 id rather wait for the next gen win 8 tablet. Im worried performance will suffer to much with single channel memory and such. I find the refurb, open box, clearance or whatever surface at $449 more compelling.

I wouldn't worry too muc habout performance. I mean, what are you doing on an 8" screen at that resolution that's going to tax these new Atoms?
I have the 32gb version and absolutely love it. Do some research into the current issues with the stylus before you pull the trigger, if the stylus is a big deal for you (it is for me). When it works (and luckily mine does pretty well), it's perfect for taking notes.

I wouldn't worry too muc habout performance. I mean, what are you doing on an 8" screen at that resolution that's going to tax these new Atoms?
I have the 32gb version and absolutely love it. Do some research into the current issues with the stylus before you pull the trigger, if the stylus is a big deal for you (it is for me). When it works (and luckily mine does pretty well), it's perfect for taking notes.

I actually got mine to play Blizzard's Hearthstone. I set it to run at low settings since it isn't even smooth at low and at times I get pop-up notifications to close other programs since the game takes up a bit of memory. The 2GB memory on the tablet is a bit low and 4GB would be my recommendation.

True. It depends on what your plans are for the tablet. I'll have to try hearthstone. I recently started trying a few games. Spartan Assault works awesome.

portal works, left 4 dead 2 works, have not tried other steam games but can install to sd card. Only metro apps default to c (which I am sure can be hacked like before).

Great prices on great devices! I had the 8 for a few days before I decided the screen was too small for me, then upgraded to the 11, which I love. I highly recommend the 8 if the screen is large enough for your needs.

I bought one before Christmas when they were $199 and at that price it's a great tablet. I love being able to vpn into my home server, map smb shares, or rdp without adding any software. Plus everything syncs up nicely with my 8.1 desktop. Just don't expect a Surface and you won't be disappointed. The lowly 32gb ssd is actually plenty when you consider it has a microsd slot. Slow storage I realize, but again this thing wasn't made to burn down any barns. It's a good choice for someone considering a Nexus but doesn't want Android.

Also maybe not mentioned, it comes with a copy of Office.

meh, even at $199 id rather wait for the next gen win 8 tablet. Im worried performance will suffer to much with single channel memory and such. I find the refurb, open box, clearance or whatever surface at $449 more compelling.

The atoms actually perform exceptionally well... It's the software that really holds it back imho...

Back