Dell Ultrasharp u3011 ways to achieve native resolution? 2560 x 1600

orijin

Weaksauce
Anyways for the ultrasharp to achieve native resolution besides the typical dvi and display port adapter way. Just realized before using the HDMI port does not give me full native resolution for the monitor.

Had to go driving around town to find a store that sells displayport cables but to no avail. Now I have to order one anyone else that was in my position?

Would HDMI to Displayport give it full native resolution? Or HDMI to dvi? Or minidisplayport to displayport? Just wondering what are my options here as I have both an alienware m18x with hdmi and mini displayport and a m6600 with hdmi and displayport.

Both sides (monitor and computer) would have to support at least HDMI 1.3 to get that resolution. Your best option would probably be to simply get a mini-displayport to displayport cable (for the m18x) or a regular display port cable (for the m6600) online.

seems i would have to go the displayport adapter route, annoying how this u3011 doesn't support hdmi at all with anything higher than 1900+ resolution, I believe even with the hdmi no matter what specification it will never be 2500+ resolution.

Minidisplayport to displayport is the cheapest and most reliable way to get what you want. I think monoprice has the cables you need.

Yes it would seem so, probably get an adapter and a regular displayport wire. Thanks for the advice.

Back