Dell UltraSharp 2009FP

BigJayDogg3

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Jul 21, 2009
Messages
1,678
I have the opportunity to buy a pair of these monitors. Its from a guy I know, and I know he takes fairly good care of his goods. He's planning on buying a pair of 1080 22-24 inchers.

What would be a reasonable selling price? I'm thinking $75 - 100 per. Would they be a good buy at this price? Would they be a good buy at ANY price? Its a 1650 x 1050 monitor, but I'm not too concerned with the extra resolution. Anything would be an upgrade over the 17 inch, 1280 x 1024 I'm using now. I'm planning on using this as a display to output video while I watch in bed, as well as game. It will also likely see a fair amount of "office" type use (word, powerpoint, basic programming, web browsing, etc).

Judging by the
TrueColor technology that allows for 102% color gamut
on Dell's page, I'm guessing this isn't a TN panel. Is this correct?

They're this monitor for reference.

tl;dr:

Is this a good monitor?
What would be a good price?
 
Last edited:
yep, the 170 / 160 viewing angles in the spec are a dead giveaway as well. Colour gamut has nothing to do with panel technology either and is down to backlighting technology used. So all they've done here is use a TN Film panel with a wide gamut CCFL backlight to offer a wide colour gamut = 102% NTSC
 
Damn. I'm passing then.

I was hoping I could get a hell of a deal on a VA or IPS screen. I couldn't care less about color quality. I'm probably not even going to calibrate this monitor.

I'm just sick of colors going awry every time I shift position. And if I'm going to drop cash on something, it may as well be for a screen that I definitely won't have issue with.

At this point I think I'm going to go with either the AOC Anandtech reviewed, the LG 23 inch IPS, or something someone decides to sell on here.

Many people complain of the AG on those screens, but having seen it in my local Best Buy, it doesn't bother me.

Also, thanks for the help folks!
 
Last edited:
Back
Top