Dell u3014 vs LG 34um95

jwang26

Weaksauce
Hi guys, I've been following the LG thread and I'm pretty interested in giving 21:9 a shot I have 2 weeks left to return my 3014 just wondering if anyone has had both and can give me a comparison or the pro's and cons thank you!

I have a U3011 and I decided to cancel my order for the LG....too many crappy reviews saying its not worth the $1k price tag....Waiting to see reviews on Dells 21:9 34" monitor.

I have a U3011 and I decided to cancel my order for the LG....too many crappy reviews saying its not worth the $1k price tag....Waiting to see reviews on Dells 21:9 34" monitor.

There's barely been any reviews on it. One website, Digital Trends, didn't like it. Prad.de and Linus Tech Tips gave it glowing reviews. Dell will likely use the LG panel so don''t expect any big difference with their version.

I don't know about the U3014, but I had a 3008WFP prior to getting the UM95 and it's better in every way. Can't go back to a 16:10/16:9 monitor now.

The Dell 3014 suffers from embarrassingly obvious overshoot ghosting which shows up during normal desktop use (scrolling text slowly, moving windows) and 30" IPS glow is far more pronounced compared to a 27" AHVA/IPS/PLS panel. One needs to sit at least 121cm/4ft away from a 30" IPS to not see any corner glow, which ruins dark scenes...if you think regular AHVA/IPS/PLS panels have poor black levels, wait until you see a 30". It's a wide gamut monitor meant to be calibrated and used with color managed applications. The sRGB mode has locked color controls and the xx14 line is know to suffer from a severe green tint. The 2,200$ NEC PA302W is the only 30" monitor which competes with the 300$ 27" 1440p Korean monitors, and it's still a poor choice since the glow free Eizo CX271 and CG277 are superior and similarly priced. The Eizo EV2736W (Review links) also glow free and cheaper than the Dell 3014.

The 34UM65 (PRAD's Review) is much better than any affordable 30" monitor, as are most of the 300$ 1440p Korean monitors. The 34UM65 is not wide gamut, barely glows according to PRAD's review, has balanced overdrive settings unlike the 3014, but needs to/should be calibrated using the True Color Finder Software (it forces the calibrated settings in programs which do not support color management like games) and i1 display pro since the color presets aren't very good.

Last edited:
Back