• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dell U3014 coming soon!!!

Deredox

Weaksauce
Joined
Feb 16, 2013
Messages
88
I just checked the dutch Dell website and they seem to have stopped selling the 3011 (can not find anymore at the 27-30 inch section) this probably means that the new 3014 is just around the corner!

any1 waiting for this? i deffinetly am!:eek:
 
A little too expensive for my blood with OLED on its way within the next 3-5 years, but I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for 3011 price drops.
 
It would take some major technology changes to justify an upgrade from a u3011. Higher quality 4k screens and video cards to push them that cost less than a years worth of pay.
 
The best thing about the 3014 is the price drop effect it'll have on the 3011. My 4+ year old 3008 is still doing the job, but I'm ready to move up. A 3011 at $1000 or less will be irresistible... unless I opt for 2 or 3 U2713HM.
 
Oh yes serious want this. I've been lusting after a 30" IPS panel for a while for coding, and now that I'm telecommuting I can finally justify it. I thought about a 3011 but couldn't see it because of the old fashioned CFL backlighting (and problems with the range of control) and heavy anti-glare.

Hope to see it listed on the site Real Soon Now.
 
Everyone keeps talking about OLED monitors but wouldn't that be a terrible idea if there's burn-in let alone image retention? It's the reason Plasma monitors aren't a thing.
 
Everyone keeps talking about OLED monitors but wouldn't that be a terrible idea if there's burn-in let alone image retention? It's the reason Plasma monitors aren't a thing.

They may be able to largely solve the burn issue, as it was solved with CRTs. It could mean reducing contrast ratio (you light up all elements a bit to wear the display more evenly), shifting around pixels, and so on. If so they could work fine.

We'll see. If they work for computer monitors, I'm sure we'll see them.

Plasma monitors mainly aren't a thing because it turns out to be hard to build them small. The burn in is a concern too but mostly the size is an issue, and heat to a lesser extent.
 
I think that's the best thing about it, Tyler.

I already have 2 U3011s and to be frank - extremely happy with them. I'm waiting until the U3011 prices can come down another 100 or so. I've been downloading 7680 wallpapers for a short while :D
 
all these poor countries already able to buy it...bullshit (apart from Australia ofc)
 
Back
Top