• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dell u3011 thinks it's a u2711

HatefluX

n00b
Joined
May 24, 2005
Messages
63
Strange issue and I didn't know where else to turn. My u3011 died and Dell sent me a refurb but my system will not detect it as a 3011, it says 2711. I looked at the display info in the monitor menu and it reads (Resolution 2560x1440
Maxiumm Resolution 2560x1600)
Also the only aspect ratio I can choose id 16:9, the 3011 should be 16:10. Any one run across this?

I tried forcing the native 2560x1600 in the nvidia cp but it error-ed saying my monitor did not support that res.
 
Yes, display info says 3011 but system will only see it as a 2711. Same size as well, plus the 2711 native 2560x1440 is blurry and obviously not native.
 
2560x1600 @ 59.971 Hz was there already and your utility put an * next to DEL4063-Dell u3011. Does that mean it picked it up? Also nothing happened when I clicked ok and rebooted.
 
It might be a different entry. Is there a U2711 in the drop-down list?

* means an override was saved, but that shouldn't happen unless you made a change.
 
I found the service menu but there didn't seem to be anything there. Strange and frustrating.
 
Back
Top