• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dell U3011 Successor

ag55

n00b
Joined
Jun 10, 2010
Messages
32
Anybody have any ideas as to when we'll get to see this?

From what i can tell Dell usually out a new 30" every 2-3 years or so
- 3007WFP - 2005?
- 3008WFP - 2007 or 2008?
- U3011 - september 2010

So is it likely that they'll be a new one out later this year, if so i might as well wait and
see what improvements they can offer.

I think i just wanna wait to see if dell can offer anything great, because i saw the new
samsung screens and felt like going back to them, my old one was really great.
 
I would like to know also...

the only "real" improvement would be a true 120hz IPS with resolution > x1080....because we wont see any new screen tech
 
I'm hoping we see a resolution bump later this year. Probably driven by apple desktop "retina" displays, but I'm sure variations on the panel would be available to Dell et al as usual.
 
Still isn't a Dell or HP 30" with an LED backlight, which seems like a logical next step. Even though it may be a step down in color accuracy, it would certainly make these thinner and cooler.
 
I don't know. At the high end like this, the wide gamut color space is a pretty standard feature. Regressing to W-LED backlighting and sRGB would be a pretty serious drop in spec.

Here's hoping that they'll use RGB-LED which can give extremely wide color gamut and very accurate white balance. Although I don't think there have been more than a handful of RGB-LED monitors ever made.
 
Back
Top