• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dell U2913 vs LG 29EA93

insoc123

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 14, 2010
Messages
303
I have had great experiences with Dell monitors. Had the 2410 before and now a 2711. I am very pleased with the test I have read online with this 21:9 monitors basically the immersion in games and movie watching) and would like to make the jump.
Normally I would choose DELL, but I see the LG 29EA93 has had some revisions (currently the 1.25) that corrects things like lag and sites like Anandtech with the last revision praise that monitor.
DELL seems to keep selling the same first launch revision 00 for their 2913, so my question is: is DELL not making any revision because their monitor was already as good as the LG with it's latest revision or as of now the LG 29EA93 is the better monitor at it's 1.25 revision in comparison with 00 revision of the DELL?
As both panels are made by LG is why I am wondering.
Are LG monitors more prone to come with dead pixels in comparison with the DELL ones?
If you had to choose, which monitor would you choose? Thank you!!!
 
Personally I'd favor the LG as it provides deeper blacks. But I'd look for lowest prices. I don't think you would go wrong with either monitor, but there have been a couple rave reviews of the LG effort. Seems to more consistently quality. At the moment the LG is about $50 less money and available at a wider number of stores, including bestbuy. They seem to be selling out often, however.

LG's first batch for the overseas market had firmware defects that needed to be fixed, which LG did for any model sold in the US. I suspect Dells did not have defects or enough that warranted an update.
 
Last edited:
everyone i asked about the dell was praising it. dunno if that's any help. my U2913 is ordered, i can post experience when i get it.
 
Personally I'd favor the LG as it provides deeper blacks. But I'd look for lowest prices. I don't think you would go wrong with either monitor, but there have been a couple rave reviews of the LG effort. Seems to more consistently quality. At the moment the LG is about $50 less money and available at a wider number of stores, including bestbuy. They seem to be selling out often, however.

LG's first batch for the overseas market had firmware defects that needed to be fixed, which LG did for any model sold in the US. I suspect Dells did not have defects or enough that warranted an update.

Thank you for your informative answers. As both panels are made by LG, shouldn't they have at launch the same defects needed to be fixed via a firmware?
Basically in terms of LAG. Wouldn't the only way to fix or better the lag be to make a firmware update that LG has made and DELL hasn't yet?
 
Hey guys, I'm very interested in the LG EA83 series monitor, but what is the difference between the models LG 27EA83-D over Newegg and the LG 27EA83R and even the LG 27EA83V over Amazon?

Thx.
 
Hey guys, I'm very interested in the LG EA83 series monitor, but what is the difference between the models LG 27EA83-D over Newegg and the LG 27EA83R and even the LG 27EA83V over Amazon?

Thx.

WRONG forum buddy
 
Ok I have now read plenty about the U2913 and particulary interest was the review of TFTCENTRAL in which they say, about the input lag, that it gave a decent response time and a pleasing performance overall.
Viewings the stats the U2913 is better in response time and lag at 25.7 than my 2711 (30.0) and my old 2410 (33.8).
So I guess I have a "winner" and will make the jump to it.
Thank you!
 
Hey guys, I'm very interested in the LG EA83 series monitor, but what is the difference between the models LG 27EA83-D over Newegg and the LG 27EA83R and even the LG 27EA83V over Amazon?

Thx.

You should probably start a new thread.. The -D is wide gamut, the R is sRGB, dunno what the V is, specs look the same as the -D... perhaps it includes the calibrator...
 
Ok I have now read plenty about the U2913 and particulary interest was the review of TFTCENTRAL in which they say, about the input lag, that it gave a decent response time and a pleasing performance overall.
Viewings the stats the U2913 is better in response time and lag at 25.7 than my 2711 (30.0) and my old 2410 (33.8).
So I guess I have a "winner" and will make the jump to it.
Thank you!

Anandtech measured the total LG monitor lag from input and pixel response was between 9 and 15ms.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6741/l...view-rev-125/7

Just saying if that makes any difference to you, and if its not apples and oranges as some of these reviews are...

Their review starts here:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6741/l...review-rev-125

All monitors sold in the US are Rev 125
 
Back
Top