Dell U2711 DisplayPort Shens

DlStreamnet

Limp Gawd
Hi guys,

I have a Dell u2711 plugged in using Displayport, great.

I also have a Panasonic ST31 television plugged in via HDMI.

The issue is, when I turn my Dell off and the Panasonic off, Windows thinks all hells broken lose and reverts all of my applications to 640x480 (or as small as they'll possibly resize to).

Is there a way to stop Windows from recognising the Dell being unplugged? Does it poll the connection or something?

Thanks.

Hi guys,

I have a Dell u2711 plugged in using Displayport, great.

I also have a Panasonic ST31 television plugged in via HDMI.

The issue is, when I turn my Dell off and the Panasonic off, Windows thinks all hells broken lose and reverts all of my applications to 640x480 (or as small as they'll possibly resize to).

Is there a way to stop Windows from recognising the Dell being unplugged? Does it poll the connection or something?

Thanks.
It's part of the DisplayPort spec that the system knows when the monitor is on or off. Best way is to just not turn off your monitor. Monitors on standby consume <1 watt.

It's part of the DisplayPort spec that the system knows when the monitor is on or off. Best way is to just not turn off your monitor. Monitors on standby consume <1 watt.

It's not 'off off' it's just soft button standby that's causing this.

I.e. I put a movie on my 42" TV, turn my screen to standby - it thinks its been yanked/power plugged

Back