Dell U2412M on NewEgg: What about the warranty?

night_2004

2[H]4U
I know the U2412M on NewEgg advertises a 3-year warranty with Dell but every time I have gotten warranty service with Dell (I've dealt with Dell for all the family RMAs) they have required the original Dell invoice for service since no monitor smaller than 30" has any sort of service/system tag. Any idea how this would work if an RMA was ever needed and all I had was a NewEgg invoice?

Why not buy it from dell.com? It's cheaper at the moment like $305 w/tax(NY) (with -5% code) + free shipping vs newegg's $340.

No particular reason, other than the shipping times. NewEgg's price (no tax) beats Dell's price by a little (with tax). Just thinking if its worth buying from NewEgg or not.

its just like any other part from a third party store, you get the same warranty as everybody else.

just register the product when you get it..

it is about the same or about 10 dollars more on newegg.. personally i wouldve gone with newegg at the time because tax + shipping + shipping times newegg is fast.

Just found on Dell's website something about a vendor having to be an authorized dealer to get warranty service. Can't seem to find anything substantial about who is, or is not, an authorized dealer (I learned the hard way in 2004 with an eBay seller claimed I would have no problems with the warranty).

Not going to trust NewEgg's word that they're authorized. NewEgg has been less than honest with me in the past.

Just chatted with Dell and they said they would honor the warranty from Newegg as If I purchased at Dell. Also, I specifically asked about the pixel policy and they said it would be honored. I ended up asking them to pricematch newegg and they are going to call me on the phone and hopefully they will.

I ordered mine a few weeks ago from Dell.com. I was contemplating Newegg vs Dell.com myself.

I ordered mine on a Wednesday and got it on Friday. Of course, I did pay for next day shipping. ;)

Back