Dell U2412M Just Died

NightWolfe

Gawd
Joined
Sep 30, 2002
Messages
786
Was just sitting on my desktop and had the nvidia control panel open and the screen went black ... thought it was something from my recent overclock of my cpu and reset the bios ... that killed my raid 5 and I lost all my data

Am I possibly missing something and it's really not dead? It turns on and the screen is black ... I swapped cables from Display port to DVI and then to VGA and nothing ... I plugged it into my laptop and it recognizes it but the screen just stays black

I hooked my computer up to my TV and the computer is working fine ... except for my lost raid of course ... so I don't think it's an issue with my GPU

Any thoughts?

Oh ... forgot to mention this thing is only 2 days old :(

Update: Dell is sending me a replacement ... should have it by the end of the week ... shitty luck :/
 
Last edited:
My grandfather used to complain about how they don't make things like they used to.

It's only gone downhill from there.

One day, someone decided that plastic was as good as metal, no item needs to last more than two years, and having to exchange something three times was perfectly acceptable.

Welcome to the world of the 21st century schizoid man.
 
lcds dont last only 5+ years because they want to make more money. it's because of the technology.:)
 
My HP L2335 which I am using now is still live and kicking. I "wish" it was dead though so I did not have to feed my gf a bunch of bs for buying a new monitor.
 
Back
Top