Dell U2412M issue

Cobalt35

[H]ard|Gawd
Hi Guys... got an odd issue with my 5 month old Dell U2412M monitor that just started happening in the past couple of days. On some colours on the screen I get 30-40 or more dead pixels all of a sudden, but the weird thing is that if I move the picture around the screen, the dead pixels move with the image in exactly the same spot relative to the image. Here's a pic I took withg my phone:

Xmasr.jpg

The light coloured pixels flicker in real time and move with the picture. Should I be looking at an RMA?

When this happens, are you by any chance also playing back a movie in another application, or viewing something on e.g. youtube?

When this happens, are you by any chance also playing back a movie in another application, or viewing something on e.g. youtube?
Sometimes I am, but not all the time. My second monitor (a Samsung) doesn't do it at all.

Try a different cable.
Hmm, now that you mention it, it started happening after I moved house and switched the cables around a bit. I'll try it when I get home in a couple of hours... thanks.

Back