Dell U2410

Got one few days ago, my first big size monitor after Samsung 193P.

I was looking fot tint leak, but can't find it! :) which is very good. But as I am not an expert, maybe I just don0t know where to look, so I anyone can give me any directions.

As I understood, the tint issue should be visible if watching a white screen from different angles, where there should be some other color glow on sides, and that's it?

I was looking fot tint leak, but can't find it! :) which is very good. But as I am not an expert, maybe I just don0t know where to look, so I anyone can give me any directions.

As I understood, the tint issue should be visible if watching a white screen from different angles, where there should be some other color glow on sides, and that's it?

If you don't see it leave it at that.:D

It will drive you nuts if you find it at least it would me.

I hope to order this monitor at the end of the week. Hope mine is tint free as well.

I am on my second tinted U2410. 1st was 75% green form left side, second meet with pink in the middle of the screen, where they test it, and there is fine. http://www.hardforums.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

This tint issue on U2410 make me completly sad, I have spent ours and ours on the decision which monitor to buy, and for money around 80% of average wage around here, i got into this situation. Incredibile.

I bought it on the 23.12, and problem is know already for 2 months? They really think that no one will notice it? And dithering, lol it is nicely seen on HP wallpaper (all in blue grey tones).

You have a nice one, no tint, but have to be afraid beacuse if you want to fix it for dithering, you can get one that meets "manufacturers specification" and has green left and pink right side?

Bravo Dell!

Last edited:

check this image in full screen: http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/viewing_angle.php#angleGrey
You will notice the tinting if the corners have a green, pink or blue shade.

Where was yours manufactured? and which date of manufacturing?

In my case for sure I will ask for another one, this one looks even worse with green and pink shades. If Dell wants to play lottery I'll play lottery! It wont come cheap to them to pay the shipping back and forward multiple times! This would be completely unnecessary and cheaper if they have done the things right in the first place! Then they don't allow a way to update the firmware at home and again shipping back and forward. F*cking ridiculous!.. Who's the owner of this company ??

Last edited:
I'm highly considering dumping my Samsung T260HD for this monitor. The T260 is good, but I want IPS and better color reproduction and less input lag.

Aside from green pink tint and dithering, else is what i was expecting.

HoN looks great, no sidefects and lot of grey tones, picture is great.

;)

Marin

Picked up mine tonight from the local FedEx terminal...so far, so good. No visible tinting - tested with a full screen 128/128/128 gray image I created, as well as the Lagom gray screen test. There's very slight discoloration with off-angle viewing, which I expected coming from an hp L2335 (also an IPS panel). I'm running it in sRGB mode with the Windows 7 bobo calibrator and my processed photos look great. I'll break out the calibrator and be sure it's adjusted properly, but it already looks much better than the L2335 with virtually zero work. No stuck/dead pixels, so other than the retina scorching brightness, I'm a happy dude. Hoping the dreaded pink/green tint doesn't show up in a couple weeks.

BTW - Dec 2009 mfg date, REV A00...labeled as a U2410f <-- does this mean anything? didn't find anything conclusive with a search...

BTW - Dec 2009 mfg date, REV A00...labeled as a U2410f <-- does this mean anything? didn't find anything conclusive with a search...[/QUOTE]

Not sure if it means anything at all. Maybe its like the "b" they used to put on the end of the model number.

For example my 2007wfp says 2007wfpb.

Whatever, I hate Dell, and hate having to figure out their retarded site to return this thing.

It seemed too good to be true for a reason I guess.

Last edited:
hemi said:
BTW - Dec 2009 mfg date, REV A00...labeled as a U2410f <-- does this mean anything? didn't find anything conclusive with a search...

Not sure if it means anything at all. Maybe its like the "b" they used to put on the end of the model number.

For example my 2007wfp says 2007wfpb.

labeled as a U2410f <-- does this mean anything?

not, all are like that.

Thanks...I found on the dell forum that 'f' apparently relates to any of their displays with DVI & HDMI ports...so all U2410's having that designation makes sense.

http://en.community.dell.com/forums/t/19295512.aspx (see first reply)

hello all. i got the monitor today, quality is very good but i dont think it is better than my other monitor, a dell 2209wa i also have.

I've been agonizing over a new monitor for about two weeks. I've scoured the web, looked at Newegg, B&H, Amazon, eGay, TigerDirect, etc. and have not been able to find something satisfactory in my price range for a 24-26" panel weither it be 16:10 or 16:9. Getting a large TN scares me since I'm already having issues with shifting, and since I've been watching more and more movies from bed with the 'ole lady, viewing angles are now much more important than they once were. I'd love a 26" IPS or *VA, but I'm unfortunately in no position to shell out nearly $1000 for just a display.

I'm sick of the color shift and poor viewing angles of my Viewsonic VX2240w, not to mention that colors are dull and washed out. While gradients aren't too bad, they aren't great either. Backlight bleed is very prevailent along the top and bottom of the monitor in darker scenes (or black) and is distracting while watching movies. Lighter tones are completely absent and fade to white. The loss of detail in the environments in Mirror's Edge are a good example, whereas the rooftops are almost completely white, losing almost all detail from the tiling on the roofs. Darker tones fade to black in both movies and games and lots of shadowing detail is lost, dark scenes lack contrast and depth.

For a 2ms GTG panel (5ms typical, IIRC) response time is laughable. There is a little bit of noticeable ghosting even with overdrive enabled in fast paced games like racing and FPS titles. Not bad, but not great. My roommate's five year old Samsung 930B rated for 8ms GTG (12ms typical) is almost or just as responsive. When overdrive is set to it's maximum value I notice severe banding/halo type artifacts. It's like running a game in 16-bit color it's so bad. If it wasn't for the wobbly, cheap stand and two stuck pixels of the VX2262wm I had purchased before hand, I would have kept that rather than exchanging it for this turd. It's time for a new LCD...

Strange that some of you were able to return your monitors with a single stuck pixel, I asked about their dead pixel policy and their response was a minimum of 7 dead or stuck pixels before they will authorize an RMA, so that worries me. But after doing my research, I'll be buying the HP LP2475w for it's superior black levels and contrast over the U2410, although I do like the Dell's asthetics better.

Last edited:
Well as far as I can tell, they have to replace it, or give full refund for the tinting issue, which I had.

So that's the safe bet for return.

Well as far as I can tell, they have to replace it, or give full refund for the tinting issue, which I had.

So that's the safe bet for return.

That's weird that the rep told me this, considering Dell has their "premium panel guarantee" on their page for the U2410. Seems it only applies for stuck pixels, not dead ones. But it's good to hear that you and many others have been able to procure (in some cases several) repacments. I'll have to read into this further...

Last edited:
Stuck pixels are much worse to me.
Red, green, blue...yellow, very annoying since I likes my black backgrounds too much.
Dead pixels are my friends in comparison.

Just received my monitor... very impressed so far. Upgraded from a Dell 2005wfp, and the difference is amazing. The colors come to life, and the screen size is just right. After using a monitor with black crush problems, this screen lets you see details and shades of black flawlessly. As an average gamer, movie watcher, and web browser, I'm very satisfied.

I don't notice the tint at all, so either I received a very nice panel, or I'm not sensitive enough to a slight change in color to notice it. Tried pure white, and a range of grays, and none of them brought out the tinting. It has a slight backlight bleed in one corner, but it's not bad enough to run the risk of exchanging and getting a tinted panel.

One thing I absolutely love about Dell monitors... all the ones I've owned have come with a heavy, solid base. When I set it on my desk, I felt fairly confident that it isn't going anywhere unless I want it to.

Cons:
I do notice the grainy coating people complain about when I get close to the monitor. It's noticeable when looking closely at a pure color (e.g. searching for dead pixels) but from a normal viewing distance, there is no grainy look to it. I can't notice it at all while playing movies or games.

The touch buttons are somewhat annoying to work with. They seem inconsistently sensitive... sometimes you barely touch one and it does all kinds of stuff, other times it takes 3-4 touches to get it to work. Also, they are positioned awkwardly. For me, they sit right where I typically grab a monitor to adjust the angle.

All in all, it's a very solid monitor. It's pricey, but it's simply beautiful if they send you one without major tinting problems. I don't think I could go back to a *VA or TN panel.

I think the a01 is just to correct the dithering. It will do nothing for the tinting. I don't think dell can do much for the tinting without the additional hardware to compensate for it like the nec 2490wxui.

Can anyone tell me wtf is Dell doing with their deals? They now have the U4210 for $499 until tomorrow. They advertise this as a hot deal, but Dell eBay store always has this for $499 + 8% CB. Is there any difference between Dell eBay and Dell Business? Do they ship from the same warehouse?

Looks like the only way to get the A01 is to buy a refurbished one according to DELL-Chris M.

Can anyone tell me wtf is Dell doing with their deals? They now have the U4210 for $499 until tomorrow. They advertise this as a hot deal, but Dell eBay store always has this for $499 + 8% CB. Is there any difference between Dell eBay and Dell Business? Do they ship from the same warehouse?

Looks like the only way to get the A01 is to buy a refurbished one according to DELL-Chris M.
According to the ebay store they have the same 21 day return policy. Plus you get 8% cashback. Win win for me. I'll be ordering from the ebay store tomorrow.

According to the ebay store they have the same 21 day return policy. Plus you get 8% cashback. Win win for me. I'll be ordering from the ebay store tomorrow.

I want one badly to, but not sure if I should wait till official A01.. Looks like you gonna have a a chance to exchange for a A01, but it will be refurbished.

I would buy only if i can test it before paying. Hassle of returing is no way.

I am on 2nd, tint less then 1. and waiting for A01 for exchange.

Marin

My own u2410 has been functioning great for a few months now. Just about 3 days ago when I woke up and went to use my computer I immediately noticed that the monitor has this weird pinkness to it. it's very apparent on colors that are supposed to look more blue, like some of the blue borders on facebook's pages. Did my monitor suddenly develop the pink tint issue!?!? It's been a few months since I bought this monitor, but could is still do anything about an exchange?

My own u2410 has been functioning great for a few months now. Just about 3 days ago when I woke up and went to use my computer I immediately noticed that the monitor has this weird pinkness to it. it's very apparent on colors that are supposed to look more blue, like some of the blue borders on facebook's pages. Did my monitor suddenly develop the pink tint issue!?!? It's been a few months since I bought this monitor, but could is still do anything about an exchange?

You can do an exchange anytime during the warranty.

It's very unlikely that the tint issue developed. Screens tend to either have it or not from day one. It sounds more like something's changed related to your settings..

Does it do this in all the U2410's modes?
Have you made sure Windows isn't using an ICM colour profile which could also cause this sort of issue?
Have you made sure something related to your graphics card colour management settings isn't causing it?

It's not impossible that something could happen to the backlight which might change the way things look, but it really sounds more like something happened to some settings, either on your PC or on the monitor.

is this monitor good for Team Fortress 2?
It's viable, unlike many previous Dell screens. Average (approx) input lag is about 2/3rd's of a frame in Game Mode Vs CRT. Peak lag (worst case) tends to be 1 and 1/3rd frames of lag (IE 66.6% of the screen is 1 frame behind, 33.3% is 2 frames behind) in game mode.

If input lag and screen refresh are more important to you than image quality then a 120hz TN panel is still the way to go. If you're looking for a good compromise between colour/viewing angles and gaming then the U2410 is very good, and also has good ghosting performance too (basically no noticeable ghosting in most scenarios unless you go looking for it). If you're visually "picky" then watch out for the gradation tint issue. Other than that there's little bad to be said about the U2410.. its a very good screen for gamers..

Have you made sure Windows isn't using an ICM colour profile which could also cause this sort of issue?

PatK...

How can you check to see if this is what is going on?

It's viable, unlike many previous Dell screens. Average (approx) input lag is about 2/3rd's of a frame in Game Mode Vs CRT. Peak lag (worst case) tends to be 1 and 1/3rd frames of lag (IE 66.6% of the screen is 1 frame behind, 33.3% is 2 frames behind) in game mode.

If input lag and screen refresh are more important to you than image quality then a 120hz TN panel is still the way to go. If you're looking for a good compromise between colour/viewing angles and gaming then the U2410 is very good, and also has good ghosting performance too (basically no noticeable ghosting in most scenarios unless you go looking for it). If you're visually "picky" then watch out for the gradation tint issue. Other than that there's little bad to be said about the U2410.. its a very good screen for gamers..

Hey thanks for the info.
I have just tried Iiyama ProLite B2409HDS. I get really weird lag playing with vsync on.. i dont know how to describe.. and I could hardly hit anything.. I also have noticed some color shifting issues on sharp ages.. is this common for TN panels?

anther question, is there a newer revision coming out? please help me choosing, thanks

I hated having to be in Game Mode since the colors are terrible.

Everything at it's default in custom mode looked perfect to me.
Why can't that be the colors that game mode uses?

Dell has clearly stated that no new U2410 will have A01. Only reburbs will be sent out with A01. This may change at some point. Check their forum.

It was my understanding that refurbs will ship with a01 and new a01s will ship when the older A00s are gone. They are not going back and upgrading current inventory. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm still unclear as well as to whether new A01s will ever ship without having to go through an exchange process first. Chris was a bit vague on this.

KollunZ

hi long time troller, first time poster.

i had similar problems this morning, i found out it was the icm file i downloaded from dell forums.
everything was pink and text have some halos.

try removing all color profiles from windows color management and reset u2410 to factory settings.

Last edited:
It was my understanding that refurbs will ship with a01 and new a01s will ship when the older A00s are gone. They are not going back and upgrading current inventory. Correct me if I'm wrong.

This is correct according to Chris. You will need to replace your A0 with A01 if you buy it today. I would say wait, since exchanging monitors are no fun..

Back