Dell U2410 for $489 + Tax /w Free Shipping @ Dell Home

gn0me

[H]ard|Gawd
Not as impressive as a U3011 and not as inexpensive as a U2311, but still an awesome IPS monitor.
Dell U2410 $489 + Tax. Free Shipping. Use DPA for an extra 3% off (~$15).

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?baynote_bnrank=0&baynote_irrank=0&c=us&cid=dhsena_012011_B2&cs=19&dgc=IR&l=en&lid=ena_h&sku=320-8277&~ck=baynoteSearch

Aspect Ratio
Widescreen (16:10)
Panel Type, Surface:
IPS (In-Plane Switching), anti glare with hard coat 3H
Optimal Resolution:
1920 x 1200 at 60 Hz
CONNECTIVITY

Video Graphics Array (VGA)
Digital Visual Interface - Digital (DVI-D) with HDCP
DisplayPort(DP)
Component
Composite
High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI)
Built-in Devices
Media Card Reader and USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Hub (with 1 USB upstream port and 4 USB downstream ports)

If you go through Dell epp and use coupon code: C70B$G36TSVVCH it comes out to $440.10 before taxes, includes free shipping though.

Wasn't Dell just totally unresponsive about pink/green shift on these?

Or am I thinking of another monitor? I know it was Dell though, their behavior in that episode really turned me off.

Nah, anything past Rev A02 has been good. I have a Rev A01 and its fine. The onyl thing i hate is that in fast past games tearing becomes a issue, but that occurs in most IPS panel's

Usually you can just call dell directly and they'll give you a good price over the phone. Better than this price even.

Nah, anything past Rev A02 has been good. I have a Rev A01 and its fine. The onyl thing i hate is that in fast past games tearing becomes a issue, but that occurs in most IPS panel's

OK, fair enough, not trying to spread FUD about the product, but I read quite a bit on that issue when it was going on...not pretty

I have two revision A01s manufactured in June 2010 and neither have the green/pink problem. Great monitors. I payed about $520 for each so this is a great deal. Once you have one of these you won't ever go back to those shitty TN panels.

I've got 2 of these here at work and I love them! I do get a pointer icon issue on one of them from time to time. Looks weird on monitor one and when I slide to monitor 2 its normal. then it goes away...any insights?

This is a great monitor i'm coming from 3 acer tn panels to 3 of these well worth the price imo paid 500 for each monitor when i got mine.Never knew these ips was this great but games movies etc.... all looks great first time dell owners listening to everyone here about how great dell monitors are so i decided to get 3 for surround gaming couldn't be any happier.

What does tearing have to do with panel type? That's a sync or video processing issue.

What does tearing have to do with panel type? That's a sync or video processing issue.

I guess I should have used the term ghosting... IPS has at best I think 6ms gtg time. generally it goes unnoticed buy for some reason it's really bad on MW2 It strains my eyes, but if i use my Samsung or HP it doesn't bother me at all.

I'm hoping dell comes out with 120hz Ultrasharp soon. 16:10 as well. then they can laugh all the way to bank since they would be the only company to offer that monitor.

OK, fair enough, not trying to spread FUD about the product, but I read quite a bit on that issue when it was going on...not pretty

either way its dell and an ultrasharp so you can say the back lighting flickers or do what a guy on another forum did was take a fine point sharpie and doted a pixel and dell will replace it if 1 pixel is dead. even in the u2410 thread here no one has complained about tinting or dithering in a while. I think they fixed it, but they make hundreds in a plant somewhere. there will always be a few bad ones.

I guess I should have used the term ghosting... IPS has at best I think 6ms gtg time. generally it goes unnoticed buy for some reason it's really bad on MW2 It strains my eyes, but if i use my Samsung or HP it doesn't bother me at all.

I'm hoping dell comes out with 120hz Ultrasharp soon. 16:10 as well. then they can laugh all the way to bank since they would be the only company to offer that monitor.

Perhaps the U2412 eh?

I've got 3 of these in Eyefinity. Awesome displays.

Back