Dell U2311H Vibrating

llmercll

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Feb 17, 2010
Messages
1,369
Hello, I've noticed for a long time that if I put my hand on the upper left back side of my U2311H I feel a very slight vibrating. This happens with both of my U2311H panels, actually. It's been going strong for over a year with no issues.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has this and what it may be. I'm guessing it's pretty normal and likely the power supply, but not sure =p

thanks!
 
Thanks for the reply, would it be something similar to "coil whine" on a video card or PSU and generall considered harmless?
 
yes its pretty much the same

a coil vibrating that badly isn't really normal though
i guess it could theoretically cause damage but it could also work just fine for the next few years
 
Hmm thanks for your help =)

Can anyone else chime in on whether or not their monitor does it? I find it strange that both of mine do, unless perhaps it was a small defect with the "batch" I ordered.
 
Anyone?

I'm wondering at this point if I should have it replaced before my warranty expires (in a little over a year), or if it's still working by then, just leave it be.

thanks!
 
Back
Top