Dell U2311H light bleed

ann0yanc3

Gawd
Just got this monitor last week, never used it in the dark. But tonight I did, and it was kinda disturbing.

Here are some pics I took with my iPhone4:

from a distance:

monitor1.jpg

closeup of left side:

monitor2.jpg

I know this can't be normal. Pretty disappointing.

How does one go about exchanging monitors? Is it worth the process?

Thanks.

How far away was that picture taken from? That looks like the IPS white glow that I have on my HP ZR24w. Try one from 3 feet, then one from 4. It seems to be an inherent flaw with IPS monitors. I'm not sure if the severity of the glow varies much from unit to unit though. I'm still trying to figure that one out.

that was about 3 feet away. it's pretty evident when i turn out the lights and try to play a game. it really messes with the experience.

I am thinking about purchasing this monitor as well. I read good reviews, but all this tinting and bleeding has me hesitant to pull the trigger.

Should I do it or not?

Just got this monitor last week, never used it in the dark. But tonight I did, and it was kinda disturbing.

Here are some pics I took with my iPhone4:

from a distance:

monitor1.jpg

closeup of left side:

monitor2.jpg

I know this can't be normal. Pretty disappointing.

How does one go about exchanging monitors? Is it worth the process?

Thanks.

Call them up, request a replacement, they send you a new one, you compare the two, send back the one that you don't want.

Your pictures show pretty damn bad uniformity and bleed, get them on the phone.

Call them up, request a replacement, they send you a new one, you compare the two, send back the one that you don't want.

Your pictures show pretty damn bad uniformity and bleed, get them on the phone.

Called them, they are sending a replacement next day delivery. I have 10 business days to return the original. Hopefully the new one will be better.

Seems more than just a regular white glow. What happens when you view the screen perpendicular to the left edge for example, does the bleed on that side go away or it's still there?

That's definitely not the glow. There's an obvious pressure point visible in the middle of the left side which is causing that bleed. That's definitely a bad unit.

The U2311h IPS glow isn't white either, it's purple.

GL on your replacement.

Just wanted to do a followup on this issue to ease any anxiety one may have from buying this monitor. I received the replacement monitor today (new in box), and it looks much better than the original. No dead pixels either. Every test image I'm looking at looks better with the replacement. I think I just got a dud.

Here's a photo of the new monitor with the lights off:

u2311h.jpg

Dell support was amazing. Call them last Thursday, only took about 30mins on the phone. Shipping out old monitor tomorrow. Very easy process.

Back