• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dell tall heatsinks...

TeleFragger

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Nov 10, 2005
Messages
1,295
Ok what is in these? I am putting a dell xps mobo into a rack case. Pics and thread to come.

Dells have that tall heatsink and plastic.. 2 screws then it lifts and other side has c hhaped pieces...

Well wuestion.. whats in the heatsink? Contemplating cutting it short so it fits and i dont have to loose 3 hd slots... thoughts? Is there liquid cooling in there?


X9694__68765.1431463911.1280.1280.jpg
 
yeah your gonna have to either give up those slots or get a smaller heatsink you cant cut that one like was already said it has heat pipes which are either full of wax or ammonia.
 
Ok ill giveup bays.... im going to take 2 bays dell has bolted to side of case out and bolt them to side of this case. Power supplly has long power since it would b emulating whats in the dell. More to come..
 
during my google search I found one... what I need!!!!

so off to local computer store.. I know one where he is a hoarder of old computers... need to find this puppy...

the one on the left... I have the one on the right... not my pic thus I didnt circle it...

dsc01651largede3.jpg
 
Back
Top