Dell support is dumb

brschmid

Limp Gawd
Me: I have one dead pixel in the middle of the screen.
Them: you have one red pixel in the middle of the screen.
Me: NO, one DEAD pixel in the middle
THem: just one
Me: yes, just one, really annoying
Them: let me research this to see what can be done
Me::mad:

maybe since it is just one, i should just live with it, but that is BS because my sister got a dell monitor 7 months ago, that is absolutely perfect:mad:

Here's what someone posted about Dell support regarding a 2001FP....

Just called tech support and they will be sending me a new one. Be careful with these folks. They asked me to shake it "like a polaroid picture" or an Etch-A-Sketch to resolve the backlighting issue. And whether I degaussed it!!

...gotta love that tech support.

Good luck.

They really do have a retarded service program. See my thread about dealing with slow shipping if you want more acts of dumbness. :rolleyes:

i really dont like dell or gateway... both their customer service sucks... they sell stuff they dont even support...

That is what happens when you transfer support to another country. Also they are just reading steps/troubleshooting from their screen. They do not care if you are a computer guru or Joe shmoe that has never turned on a computer.

Originally posted by brschmid
yeah, they told me to tap on the screen where the pixel is:p

:eek: You oubviously didnt see that trick before :eek:

If you tap hard enoguh that pixel wont lit up anymore :D

Originally posted by maxkilling
:eek: You oubviously didnt see that trick before :eek:

If you tap hard enoguh that pixel wont lit up anymore :D

that isn't a problem, it doesn't light up in the first place:rolleyes:

BTW: my new 1801FP came today. took 2 days because they didn't ship it for 1 whole day. oh well. gonna hook it up now

At least you have your monitor! I'm still being quoted a solid four weeks until delivery for my 1901 :rolleyes: those retards :p

Originally posted by -Ever-
At least you have your monitor! I'm still being quoted a solid four weeks until delivery for my 1901 :rolleyes: those retards :p

That's not bad at all, took them 3 months of backorder for them to get my my Planar 17" 16ms monitor...:( I fell sorry for the people who purchase from Dell expecting "excelent" tech support :rolleyes:

Back