Dell Streak

Sean

[H] for Life
Joined
Nov 16, 2000
Messages
5,283
I just won one of these bad boys at work, I am planning on upgrading it (Locked to Rogers) to 2.2 and Modaco has some guides for rooting/upgrading it. Now cyanogen has a method for the streak, anyone try that, or use it?
 
The 7 or 5? The 5 was too big to be a phone and too small to be a tablet.
 
The 5, and it's still 1.6 on Rogers, but I plan on fixing that.
 
The Rogers and ATT 2.2 update was released on February 23rd. I'm downloading right now. Had almost given up hope! lol
 
Just got mine and updated it to 2.2, pretty good stuff.
 
updated to 2.2, rooted using one click. I find myself going to my streak more often now for browsing. I like the screen size and the android os. its fast and so far it has been pretty quick. I am data s sharing my 6GB data plan and no voice on it. I have been using skype for my calls. Too bad I can't get a canadian skype number.
 
I bought this for my wife, went thru and used the method to get rid of the att stuff and flashed to the dell 2.2 build. Honestly, for a 5' tablet/phone, I'm jealous now lol.

If you get a chance to get one, go for it. Your best bet if you dont like to tinker yourself, is an unlocked one straight from Dell.
 
Yeah, I bought one back in Jan. when Dell started selling them unlocked, great device for the $400 price.
 
Back
Top