Dell Stackables Back!

Guess I was one of the lucky ones....my 2005 turned out nice, and I think it looks great, backlighting and all... :D

Ax

How long u have it? Is it on 24/7? hmm what else can I ask. How was it when u first got it. WOndering what I should expect out of it.

3 days and its on 24/7 but at some point its set to turn off...I think I have it set to turn off after 15 mins

thanx

Ok just did a web chat with Dell took 48 mins but Im getting a new one over night and a waybill to send this one back.

I really do like this bad boy just need one that does not bleed as much

thanx

* $60 off $500 Code: 57MG5$JXHC?N4H
* $30 off $300 Code: 6KF194JQQZRH2T

Both Dead, Anyone have an updated code? :mad:

Darn. I missed the deal. Any idea if I could call dell and plead with them to open up the $90 just for me>?

did anyone who took advantage of this deal and used the zio 8in1 memory reader as padding have a link or copy of the $10 rebate they could send me? i cannot find it at the dell site, and seem to have lost the file :(

thanx

do they have new codes cause they are not working for me.
Last time I checked they had the date for the coupons ending tomorrow

1st 2005fpw i received was had the terrible backlight problem. 3 of 4 corners were leaking big time. called dell day after discovering this, and within 26 hours i had a replacement at my doorstep. new one just has a small amount of leakage in one corner and no dead pixels which to me is completely acceptable, and with the brightness turned down some (it is too bright for me at full setting anyway) i dont see it at all even on the dark hardforums.

so anyone who has this issue dont hesitate to give them a call and complain. just ask to have a new one shipped to you before sending the other back.

1st was manufatured/assembled in april 05, and replacement was may 05.

hope everyone else is happy with their purchase, i know i am now :D

yup.. So I posted the deal.. and I bought the deal.. 1st monitor.. Bad backlight leakage.. So I called, complained.. and a 2nd one was shipped.. Got the second one yesturday.. It didnt look bad when i first turned it on.. Then like a couple hours later, after working on it for a while, I noticed leakage.. now it's even worse than the first.. Gonna call Dell Tuesday, and hopefully hit it on the third time.. If not.. I'm gonna bitch a storm up, and see what kind of compensation they will give me..

^^^

I've purposely set my monitor to never turn off so the lcd gets a little burn in time, and the backlight bleedthrough has got gradually mildly worse, and oddly, the brightness has gone down. I'll be calling Dell on Tuesday as well.

It seems like a lot of people are having issues with the 2005FPW, but what of the 1905FP? Anyone get it, and if so what impressions / issues? Thanks!

Either I'm a lucky one, or just not picky... cuz I don't have a problem with the backlight leakage. 1 Dead pixel, but big whoop... outta a million plus.

The 1905FP = NO for gaming, high MS apparently

1) I was wondering... if you order the DELL UltraSharp 2005FPW 20.1-inch Wide Aspect Flat Panel LCD Monitor, would you have to buy a DVI video adapter card?

2) I am also confused about all the resolution differences and stuff. Could someone please explain.

If your video card has a DVI out, then you're set. It (the LCD) comes with a DVI port on the back, as well as the DVI cable.

Ax

wOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the second one is a keeper!!! this thing rocks put my Inspiron 9100 in front of it and they are very close...the 2005FPW is brighter but not much.

very happy

Just got this baby a couple weeks ago, and damn, it's great. I've got ClearType enabled and the text is unbelievably clear and crisp at 1680 x 1050. I've noticed this LCD at this high of a resolution is just as easy to read as my old CRT at 1024 x 768.

The only con is that games sometimes don't support this 1680 x 1050 resolution natively. Fortunately, the only real game I play, Counter-Strike Source, does. However, the large resolution can bring your video card to its knees if you don't have something high powered. I'm running a Geforce 6800 NU right now and sadly, I've had to tone a lot of the graphics down to medium or low to run smoothly at this resolution.

This screen is absolutely perfect for graphic design apps like essentially every Adobe app that takes up a lot of room horizontally. Now I have room to put all my little pallettes and still have some huge screen real estate to work with.

My only con is that the screen is slighly smaller vertically than my 19" 4:3 CRT. But this is not a problem, considering I can pack in so much more stuff horizontally.

Back