• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dell SAS/Perc 6/IR Users...

bmh.01

Gawd
Joined
Mar 28, 2002
Messages
610
Recieved one today but haven't got my 8787 to SATA cables yet so can't connect these but on every computer i've tried the card in I do not get the bios when it boots nor does windows/linux/solaris detect the card.

Now before I return the card I just wanted to make sure that the card doesn't disable itself with no drives attached and should present itself and the bios with no drives attached?

Tried the smbus trick with taping over pins B5 and B6 and also tried it in a AMD motherboard as well as an P35/45/X58 all without sucess.
 
I had mine installed without any drives and it was still detected during boot.
 
Yeah I have that card and it should be detected in BIOS regardless of drive status. Sorry about your luck.

Just so we know, where did you get the card from?
 
Was off the 'bay from a dell parts breakers hopefully they'll have another one they're able to send out fingers crossed. Shame really decent price for a reasonable SAS HBA.
 
Back
Top