Dell S2716DGR 27" G-Sync 2560x1440 TN $350 Today Only at BestBuy

Discussion in '[H]ot|DEALS' started by chizow, May 16, 2018 at 10:58 AM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chizow

chizow Gawd

One Day Only Deal of the Day, this matches the best price seen a few times during Black Friday etc.

This resolution and refresh are no longer cutting edge and newer monitors are coming down the pipe, but they will also be a lot more expensive so at $350 this Dell is still a great entry level G-Sync panel. It is TN but its a 10-bit panel and most everyone who tries or owns one loves it for gaming, plenty of previous of threads with user feedback if you run a search.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-27-led-qhd-gsync-monitor-black/5293502.p?skuId=5293502

Dullard and manny1222 like this.
  2. voklskier4452

voklskier4452 2[H]4U

Would recommend. Make sure you check the revision that is on the box, shoot for A08 as it is the latest revision. It is definitely as good as my XR341CK in terms of color or brightness but I find it perfectly acceptable for gaming and general use.

Unter Dog likes this.
  3. Betauser

Betauser 2[H]4U

This is nice for TN panel. Wish I need one but I may pick one up for my son.

4. Joust

Joust Limp Gawd

Went by the store to check it out. Decent enough viewing angles, but the color is not like an IPS panel, which is what I currently use. However, 60 hz to double that seems worthwhile, and I'm hopeful with calibration it might be acceptable. Thoughts?

5. bizzmeister

bizzmeister [H]ard|Gawd

Amazing monitor, I have one. Probably the best 1440p monitor in this price range by far.

Threw one of those custom ICC color profiles on there too, and it’s incredible.

Just a solid solid monitor, especially if your a competitive gamer

6. chizow

chizow Gawd

The out of box uncalibrated color is washed out by most accounts, you can either load up a custom ICC color profile as bizzmeister suggested, but even increasing Digital Vibrance by +10% in the NVCP helps a lot.

Unter Dog and Killerxp100 like this.
  7. FrozenSteel

FrozenSteel Limp Gawd

Why did you do this to me! I've been stalking this exact monitor @ Best Buy (Quick and Easy Exchange if pixels don't meet my requirements) for weeks and now that I've lost hope and spent a ton of money on other things, it finally goes on sale... My wallet is about to divorce me!

eclypse likes this.
  8. Joust

Joust Limp Gawd

9. Dullard

Dullard [H]ard|Gawd

I bought one. Never had a Gsync monitor, my OG Catleap 2B is showing age, $350+ tax and free shipping is cheap enough I'll give it a whirl.

10. Bankie

Bankie [H]ard|Gawd

Damn. Bought this last month when BB had it for a $400 daily deal and now I'm out of the return window. The monitor is worth it at least.

11. Joust

Joust Limp Gawd

Ended up ordering an open box, cause that's all that was left. If it is up to standards, great. If not, back it goes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.