Dell returned displays (2209WA)

Morrisvald

n00b
Anyone who knows what Dell does with monitors that are returned because of dead pixels?

I got a replacement due to dead pixels, but Dell never bothered picking up the defective one. 2 days have passed since the replacement and I havent heard anyting?

My new one seems to have som red / yellow tint in the lower area; I am not sure what to do , right now I own 2 monitors with minor flaws.Is there anyone who owns a perfect 2209WA monitor? I am not sure what to do , the red tint are quite bothersome in white backgrounds.

Hey Morris, sorry to hear of your defective 2209WA.

So far I have lucky with my copy. NO dead pixels with good uniformity and no red/yellow tint whatsoever.

You might be able to fix your 2209WA with the dead pixel by putting gentle pressure on the spot and then proceed to tap it with a cloth covered pen. This might work and that way you get to keep that one as well.

Give it a try

I had a Dell 22" that had the whites shift to a cream color. So I warrantied it through Dell, they sent me a new one, and I still have the old one. lol I use it for watching tv in the kitchen now.

I can't imagine Dell doesn't know that they haven't received the RMA monitor back; they have your credit card information on file, so it's not like you can get free monitors this way... :confused:

Better check your credit card balance before you celebrate. Most companies including Dell charge your card when they cross ship, they credit you after they get the returned item. You should have recieved a shipping lable with the replacement.

Don't forget; carma is a bitch

Dave

Last edited:
Back