• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dell R210II and SSD

george88

n00b
Joined
Dec 15, 2011
Messages
13
Hello, Long time reader, first time poster =]
Having issues with SSD and R210II, Freezing/Slow Speeds

Specs:
Dell R210II
xeon e3 1240
4x2GB ECC RAM
Corsair Force Series 3 120gb SSD.
Windows Server 2008 Standard r2
Onboard Intel C202 SATA Controller
Installed newest AHCI drivers

I have connected the SSD to the onboard port and in BIOS i set it to AHCI mode, installed windows, then ran MS Updates, as it was installing it went BSOD, when it booted into windows I was unable to run updates again, I recieved 2 error codes, 1 for corrupted files.

So I reinstalled Windows again, ran updates, same thing. So I updated the firmware to the latest version on the SSD, reinstalled windows, ran updates, and success, installed fine, however it was extremely slow, slower then the HDD i had in there before. So i downloaded ATTO to test the SSD, It ran the first run of 0.5 then completely froze, so I downloaded Intel Rapid Storage App to see if it reports anything, when i go to run it, it says This program has stopped working, so I cannot access it. I tried a few more times to run ATTO, and managed to get 1 run out of it.

winserv08.jpg


as you can see 0.5, 1.0, 2.0 are slow.

So I take it out and plug the SSD into my Desktop Computer, and run ATTO on there, and this is what I get:

desktop.jpg


So I know the SSD works perfectly fine.

I plug it back into the r210II, and then set the mode from AHCI to ATA and this is what I get:

ata.jpg


It performs better on 0.5, 1.0, 2.0, but on everything else its slower.

I have secure erased it and reinstalled, still the same?

I thought it might be the controller onboard, so I tested the 250GB HDD on there an it came out perfectly normal with AHCI enabled.

Thoughts :/?

Reply
 
Very nice, I'm thinking of getting a couple of these in the new year (you can't beat the the price/ performance ratio).

What version did you go for, two or four drives? Also, how loud is it? and Welcome!
 
Have you tried a Firmware update on the SSD?

I've got 12 in an array, and 1 was causing it to behave very poorly- system hangs. I updated all of the firmware and it's rock solid now.
 
Very nice, I'm thinking of getting a couple of these in the new year (you can't beat the the price/ performance ratio).

What version did you go for, two or four drives? Also, how loud is it? and Welcome!

2x250gb HDD mate, and it can get loud, very loud!

Have you tried a Firmware update on the SSD?

I've got 12 in an array, and 1 was causing it to behave very poorly- system hangs. I updated all of the firmware and it's rock solid now.

Yes updated firmware to the latest version, what chipset are you using? Is it on a Intel C202 series?
 
2x250gb HDD mate, and it can get loud, very loud!



Yes updated firmware to the latest version, what chipset are you using? Is it on a Intel C202 series?

No this is on my home machine. I've got an LSI 9265-8i with a Chenbro 23601 and 12 x OCZ Vertex 3 Max IOPS drives.
 
anyone know if this is a MOBO problem or SSD problem? Or even compatibilty problem?
 
Back
Top