Dell:purple effect

Lihto

n00b
Joined
Dec 13, 2006
Messages
28
I have Dell 2007WFP A03 with S-IPS...My question is:I see in my corners purple effect when I watch my monitor on the middle,is this normal or not?So not looking monitor from a side,just looking from the middle and I see it when is's black screensaver or black background?Thx
 
Mine did that, heaps annoying hey ! Its normal tho coz you have a s-ips paneled 2007wfp, if you have the monitor at a greater distance from your eyes does it still do the purpling ?
 
no when a look it from greater distance there is not that purple.But I'm looking a monitor from normal distance,I did not stick my noise on it to see purple effect :D ..Is that on every Dell 2007 monitor?
 
You should arrange a trade. You apparently don't like purple from S-IPS, many don't like the shifting from PVA.
 
Snowdog said:
You should arrange a trade. You apparently don't like purple from S-IPS, many don't like the shifting from PVA.
Haha. I'm sure there are tons of people on here who would be willing to trade you a guaranteed PVA for your IPS. :)
 
Snowdog said:
You should arrange a trade. You apparently don't like purple from S-IPS, many don't like the shifting from PVA.


Are you crazy :D ,I bought dell just because he's got S-IPS,so if someone say's it normal I'm gonna left this monitor and try to ignore that purple effect
 
Can't really help except that at an angle it should be purple. Straight on, I don't really notice any purple unless I'm really looking for it with black on the screen. That's how IPS is. It's too bad that you're sensitive to it.
 
a123456 said:
Can't really help except that at an angle it should be purple. Straight on, I don't really notice any purple unless I'm really looking for it with black on the screen. That's how IPS is. It's too bad that you're sensitive to it.

I see it only on black screen,do you see it on black screen when looking normal at the monitor?
 
Only when the lights are dimmed. Normally, the room is well-lit, so I can't really pick out anything but the black because the overhead light is dominating. I know it's not much help, but that's my personal situation.
 
I see it when the room is dark and I'm looking monitor from 40-50cm distance,which distance is normal for 20'' monitors?
 
I have an IPS screen (not a Dell) and I notice the purple effect, too, though I don't really notice it until the screen is mostly covered with black. I think I got a good price on the monitor, so I'm just going to live with it.
 
Back
Top