Hi Guys,
Does anyone have any experience with R7910/R730 POST messages that can explain the following?
"Normal","System Boot","Log cleared."
"Critical","System Boot","The IO Rsr Right PG voltage is outside of range."
"Critical","System Boot","The IO Rsr Left PG voltage is outside of range."
"Critical","System Boot","The system board Combined PG voltage is outside of range."
"Critical","System Boot","CPU 2 has a thermal trip (over-temperature) event."
The R7910 has been in storage for the last 6 months as I only recently purchase the following CPU and RAM to get the unit going:
CPU: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Intel-Xe...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
RAM: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hynix-1...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
Upon first boot, the R7910 didnt POST and immediately shutdown. I checked the iDRAC and retrieved the above from its logs. I have stripped down the unit to only having the one CPU and RAM (no Riser cards, mez card etc). Still no go! What I find interesting is the "CPU 2 has a thermal trip (over-temperature) event" - only a single CPU is installed at this point in time :/
I have contacted the seller on eBay (who conveniently doesnt sell these barebone units anymore) but I'm not expecting any help from them. I'm afraid that I had a dead motherboard that will need to be replaced but any help would be appreciated
Does anyone have any experience with R7910/R730 POST messages that can explain the following?
"Normal","System Boot","Log cleared."
"Critical","System Boot","The IO Rsr Right PG voltage is outside of range."
"Critical","System Boot","The IO Rsr Left PG voltage is outside of range."
"Critical","System Boot","The system board Combined PG voltage is outside of range."
"Critical","System Boot","CPU 2 has a thermal trip (over-temperature) event."
The R7910 has been in storage for the last 6 months as I only recently purchase the following CPU and RAM to get the unit going:
CPU: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Intel-Xe...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
RAM: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hynix-1...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
Upon first boot, the R7910 didnt POST and immediately shutdown. I checked the iDRAC and retrieved the above from its logs. I have stripped down the unit to only having the one CPU and RAM (no Riser cards, mez card etc). Still no go! What I find interesting is the "CPU 2 has a thermal trip (over-temperature) event" - only a single CPU is installed at this point in time :/
I have contacted the seller on eBay (who conveniently doesnt sell these barebone units anymore) but I'm not expecting any help from them. I'm afraid that I had a dead motherboard that will need to be replaced but any help would be appreciated