• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dell Precision 690

nitrobass24

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - December 2009
2FA
Joined
Apr 7, 2006
Messages
10,477
So I have one of these systems but the PSU's that came with it is a little lacking in the molex connector department.

So I was thinking about replacing the PSU....I know that most dells use some sort of proprietary BS but I didnt know if these did or how I can tell.

Also do they have SATA power-->molex adapters I know the have Molex-->SATA but I need the reverse?? that would be the easiest solution but I Also was thinking about putting in a 1200w PSU.
 
as far as the PSU itself, its probably propreitary. With dell desktops its hit or miss but for the most part they are usually ATX compatible. However thier servers and workstation PSUs appear to be pretty beefy and rugged and shouldn't give you much trouble. Dell PSUs are actually pretty reliable from what I've seen.
 
True. i've had ok luck with it. had a hardrive fail in my gx520. was using online support (on my laptop) for about 20 minutes. They shipped me a new one.

Had a gx520 at work that had the onboard NIC fail. was off/on half the day on the online and phone support to get them to ship me a new damn MB.
 
Why replace the power supply? I think those ones are rated for 750w, so it should be enough to run anything that'll fit in the case.
 
Why replace the power supply? I think those ones are rated for 750w, so it should be enough to run anything that'll fit in the case.

Actually it depends on the 690 but yeah - on a Precision 690 it is either 750w or 1kw.
 
Back
Top