• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dell PowerEdge SC420 - Windows XP ready?

MERKMAN

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 7, 2004
Messages
226
Greetings all!

Got my folks a SC420 to use as a "server" for their business. Really, it's just gonna host files and act as a place to run their Outlook .pst file.

So I pull the computer out of the box, and it says it's made for Linux, MS Server 2003 and SBS Server. Not having any of these OS's, I went ahead and started an install of Windows XP. Hard drive was recognized, and I'm doing a full format of the hard drive with NTFS as we speak.

Anyone else running Windows XP on this unit? Will I have any problems with it? Dell has me just a touch worried with their little disclaimers that come with the unit. :confused:
 
Dell puts those warnings on there so they don't have to pay M$ a ton of money. They're BS really.
 
Gotcha. Thanks for the reply. I'm happy to report I found the network and display drivers on the included CD per other threads, and the system is up and running. I have another question, but I think I'll make it a seperate thread where the question is clear in the title.
 
Back
Top