Dell Powerconnect Fan Replacement

devin_m

Limp Gawd
I just got a Dell Powerconnect 3324 from work and well needless to say it is very loud. I am wondering does anyone know a good fan replacement that will do the job and not be nearly as loud? It currently has two Sunon KD1204PKV1, 40x40x20mm, 12V, 8.9 CFM, two wire fans.

Seriously, how old do you have to be to sleep with your switch?

I don't have any plans for that as of right now since I have my girlfriend and I don't think she would be into that sort of thing ;). I'm mounting it in the basement in the same room as my home theatre. Unfortunately my basement is one giant room with no closets, and I currently don't have a server cabinet to hide it as of yet.

I can help you,,

Can you post pictures of it inside ? Do you have the original fan still ? Do you have a DMM to measure the voltage on the board to see if its a 12V or 24V fan ?

Dash.

I can help you,,

Can you post pictures of it inside ? Do you have the original fan still ? Do you have a DMM to measure the voltage on the board to see if its a 12V or 24V fan ?

Dash.

I'll post pictures tonight when I get home, I have the original fans, and I do have a DMM so I'll get a measurement tonight. I wish I would have brought it to work like I had originally planned.

Thanks

I'll post pictures tonight when I get home, I have the original fans, and I do have a DMM so I'll get a measurement tonight. I wish I would have brought it to work like I had originally planned.

Thanks

no pictures needed, i have the full tech manual :) you can pm me later and we can work together :)

Back