Dell powerconnect 3448

Nathan

n00b
Hello,

I am a college student and I picked up a switch to learn something about them because we didn't do much of it in college.

The switch is a Dell power connect 3448.

I ordered a null modem serial cable, plugged it in and the console is running. But there are alot of terms that I do not understand when trying to do things with it. From what I can see you can do anything from the web interface but I cannot access the web interface.

My question is how do i access the web interface?

I have only been playing with it for about a week, and I haven't gotten anywhere.

Do I have to enable the web interface?
What port does the Cat5 cable have to be plugged into?
What address do I go to within the web browser?

If I need to provide any more information, Let me know.

Also try to keep answers simple, or explain what you mean.

Thank you,
Nathan

Hello,

I am a college student and I picked up a switch to learn something about them because we didn't do much of it in college.

The switch is a Dell power connect 3448.

I ordered a null modem serial cable, plugged it in and the console is running. But there are alot of terms that I do not understand when trying to do things with it. From what I can see you can do anything from the web interface but I cannot access the web interface.

My question is how do i access the web interface?

I have only been playing with it for about a week, and I haven't gotten anywhere.

Do I have to enable the web interface?
What port does the Cat5 cable have to be plugged into?
What address do I go to within the web browser?

If I need to provide any more information, Let me know.

Also try to keep answers simple, or explain what you mean.

Thank you,
Nathan

Did you download the manual and look in that yet ?

Did you download the manual and look in that yet ?

^ This

If it's like my Dell Powerconnect 24 port you have to put the switch into "managed" mode to enable the web interface. which in my case is done using a little button on the front of it that you have to push with a paperclip. And then you'd be able to access the web interface via any of the ethernet ports on a specific IP address. All the information was in the manual which i found in PDF version online.

I have looked at most of the powerconnect 3448 documentation. I dont really even know what I am looking for within the documentation because of my lack of knowledge.

And my switch doesn't have a button on the front to make it managed.

If someone could even point me in the right direction within the documentation that would be a large help to me.

Back