Dell Parts Catalog Does one exist?

Format _C:

2[H]4U
I have several Dell's in "Peter's Hardware Inventory" I was wondering if a Dell Parts catalog exists?

EX: What parts were available standard or for that model as an extra cost option, as in I want the item's name and the Dell Part Number (DP/N)

Maybe a cross reference to as some models used the same parts EX: I can look up my T1700 and see that the power supply was also used for the 3020/7020/9020/T1700 and probably more.

My goal is to see if I can upgrade my Dell Latitude E6420 to a 14" FHD screen but I want to know if that is even possible and if yes what parts to search for

Thank You

Specific part numbers are usually only available to Dell service techs, but with a bit of searching, you can find the right screen. I was a Dell service sub back in 2007-2008 and was given a CD of Dell tech only software that had parts catalogs for the Optiplex GX series we were working on for their billion dollar class action suit.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/363608059740

As for whether it will work, no idea. Dell laptops with screen upgrade options usually required a different logic board with a discrete GPU (Quadro NVS 4200M in the E6420) for them to work. The lowest spec was the HD Graphics 3000 IGP and 1366x768, or the same resolution with touch functionality.

The LVDS connector looks to be the same, but the wiring is unknown. The worst that could happen is the screen doesn't turn on and you'd have to revert back to the old panel.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
CD of Dell tech only software
If you still have said CD care to share it as an ISO file? If there is no NDA of course.
I have the IGP HD 3000 with an i7-2720QM what is the part # for the NVS version. Also the 6430 uses 3rd gen core chips and the chassis and MB looks identical except for USB 3 will it work EX: are the internal connections the same.
I got 2 of these for $40!

If you still have said CD care to share it as an ISO file? If there is no NDA of course.

Never had to sign a NDA, Dell at least back then wasn't really tight lipped about their internal tech software. I had it for a number of years after that job ended, but it suffered bronze rot by the time I had discovered it years later and it was dead and gone at that point, it got tossed years ago.

I have the IGP HD 3000 with an i7-2720QM what is the part # for the NVS version. Also the 6430 uses 3rd gen core chips and the chassis and MB looks identical except for USB 3 will it work EX: are the internal connections the same.
I got 2 of these for $40!

E6420
0H2YDF
La-6592p

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304197077663

This appears to be the correct logic board, it has a discrete GPU on the bottom left with two RAM chips.

If you scroll down the page and look at the reviews, there's one guy back in 2016 that did what you want to do. Looks like you have to replace the logic board, LVDS cable and the screen.

I've swapped screens and logic boards for E6410 and E6420 laptops, although it generally ends up making more sense just to go for a newer model. Like you can basically just buy used E7450/E7470 models with SSDs and 8GB-16GB RAM on eBay for the price it's going to cost for a mainboard and LCD panel replacement for a 2nd-generation laptop. Also they are going to be noticeably faster.

I've swapped screens and logic boards for E6410 and E6420 laptops, although it generally ends up making more sense just to go for a newer model. Like you can basically just buy used E7450/E7470 models with SSDs and 8GB-16GB RAM on eBay for the price it's going to cost for a mainboard and LCD panel replacement for a 2nd-generation laptop. Also they are going to be noticeably faster.
Yep all said and done I spent over $100 on this a few $ and I could have gotten a newer one from the start, but I saw it at a GoodWill with the "GoodTech" I saw a Dell Latitude for 2 for $40 so why not I said LoL!

Happen to know the DP/N of the "EPA High Efficiency" power supply for the T1700? I want to replace it as mine is making a whining noise when the PC is off (Standby)
Also happen to know the model of the MB with the "TB_Header" Mine does not have the connector pins just empty holes with the TB_HDR (or what ever it says) I wonder if it missing other pieces of that or just the connector as I have an assortment of connectors that I can put there.
Thanks

Happen to know the DP/N of the "EPA High Efficiency" power supply for the T1700? I want to replace it as mine is making a whining noise when the PC is off (Standby)

There's a 290 and 365W model from what I can see, not sure which you're referring to. Here's the 365W model:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/203688311396

As for the whining, the PSU probably has failing capacitors, VERY common with all Dell power supplies. I've recapped well over a hundred of them. It's usually easier and cheaper to recap an existing supply rather than buying another used one which will already or eventually have the same issue. It's always the same trash tier manufacturers - Delta, Liteon, HEC and Bestec.

Also happen to know the model of the MB with the "TB_Header" Mine does not have the connector pins just empty holes with the TB_HDR (or what ever it says) I wonder if it missing other pieces of that or just the connector as I have an assortment of connectors that I can put there.

It's very rare that Dell or any other company would populate the support components on the board for a header and not actually have the header. The chances of it working if you soldered the header on the board are very low, but you can try it and see what happens. I've rarely had luck soldering in missing expansion slots and have them work, most recently a board with missing DDR2 slots to allow more RAM to be installed. You can look around the slot for traces and see if they go to missing components or empty pads, if that's the case then it most likely won't work.

not sure which you're referring to. Here's the 365W model:
I have the SFF so I have This power supply now.

Here is what the Dell site says about the Power supplies as I said I have the SFF version.
I suck at soldering I did recap my old Nforce 2 board I had a very hard time getting the negative pin to melt free but the positive pin was easy!
Maybe my cheap RadioShack (yes I got it over 20 years ago I was 14 so this was in 1998 LoL) 35W heated nail was not powerful enough? I did eventually get it though!
What caps do you suggest,

The LVDS connector looks to be the same, but the wiring is unknown. The worst that could happen is the screen doesn't turn on and you'd have to revert back to the old panel.

I found the spec sheets of both panels the current one looks to have lots of "not connected" pins so I assume it will not work without the board being exchanged also then?

I'm posting both data sheets here.
The pin outs start around page 17

I wonder if the physical connector is the same though, not like I'm spending anymore $ on a 10 year old laptop LoL!

Attachments

• B140RW03-V1-AUO (Upgrade).pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • B140XW01-V8-AUO (Current).pdf
    706.8 KB · Views: 0
If you look at the LVDS connector down farther in the data sheet, both use the same 40 pin connector. The question is do both of them have the same pinout. If yes, then are both cables between the different motherboards the same pinout on the motherboard side, and the same length. If yes, they should be interchangeable.

I don't think the motherboard side connector would be different, but it may be in a different location. I didn't check when I was looking at the logic boards.

OK same question but a newer laptop this time!

I got a Dell Precision M4800 and it came with a cracked 15.6 LCD screen DP/N 0W6WD.

I put in a spare HD (1366 x 768) one I pulled from a dead AMD E350 (Slow POS) for now however, I want to get a FHD panel and for this model it looks like a easy plug and play swap the DP/N for the FHD panel is DC9YJ I just want to make sure my assumptions are correct?

As this picture I pulled from an eBay listing says otherwise but they also said a bunch of stuff that didn't apply to this screen (Touch screen IPS and more)

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 0
According to Dell's spec PDF here:
https://i.dell.com/sites/doccontent...Documents/Dell_Precision_M4800_Spec_Sheet.pdf

The laptop had an optional FHD and a QHD+ (3200x1800) screen.

Again, like the other laptop, no idea if this required a different motherboard, display cable or specific video card option to be installed.

I bought the Dell The DC9YJ and that didn't work the computer just had no display and would not boot into the OS
Upon more research the LVDS cable needed to be change which is Dell Part Number 6G4XC
I bought that cable and I installed it and I now have the Full HD screen! But getting that cable in the display hinge was a big royal PITA! In hindsight if I saw This I would have just bought that as my screen was about $33 and the cable was $6.70 so it is about the same cost and would have been a much less frustrating and easier swap LoL!

Thank you my MB is Dell Part Number T3YTY and that thread helped me with my upgrade which was 100% percent successful minus some small plastic piece getting broken but that does affect the look or function of the laptop as it was inside the display assembly.
This is a kick ass laptop older tech but I love it plus it still has my favorite feature that newer ones don't have an optical drive LoL!
Thank You

Back