brightlights
n00b
- Joined
- Oct 20, 2013
- Messages
- 11
Hey,
I'm looking to buy a new screen this week, to replace the Dell 2209WA that I currently got and pretty satisfied with it (gotta give it away).
I know that today's screens are different as they use LED and IPS (my current uses some e-IPS or something like that I think), so I'm not sure how different would newer screen feel for me (better or worse).
I'm using it to read a lot of text, and sometimes for editing with photoshop and watching movies.
I spend a lot of time infront of the screen so it's very important for me to reduce the chance for eyestrain, assuming PWM can effect it.
I've read that the 2414 does not use PWM at all, while the 2312 may not use it only in its A06 firmware version which I'm not sure I would be able to find, so that's a major factor to support the 24.
I am used to a 22" screen on a standard 75cm deep desk so I'm not sure though if it would be easy to move on to a 24" one rather than a 23", so that also might be a factor.
In general I understand that the IPS type is newer and supposed to be better in the 2414, so it would have less chance of bleeding and etc.
besides that I have no clue about other attributes that I may need to consider as well, with respect to my usage and the fact that I'm pretty happy with the attributes of the 2209WA,
so I'd appreciate your help,
Thanks!
I'm looking to buy a new screen this week, to replace the Dell 2209WA that I currently got and pretty satisfied with it (gotta give it away).
I know that today's screens are different as they use LED and IPS (my current uses some e-IPS or something like that I think), so I'm not sure how different would newer screen feel for me (better or worse).
I'm using it to read a lot of text, and sometimes for editing with photoshop and watching movies.
I spend a lot of time infront of the screen so it's very important for me to reduce the chance for eyestrain, assuming PWM can effect it.
I've read that the 2414 does not use PWM at all, while the 2312 may not use it only in its A06 firmware version which I'm not sure I would be able to find, so that's a major factor to support the 24.
I am used to a 22" screen on a standard 75cm deep desk so I'm not sure though if it would be easy to move on to a 24" one rather than a 23", so that also might be a factor.
In general I understand that the IPS type is newer and supposed to be better in the 2414, so it would have less chance of bleeding and etc.
besides that I have no clue about other attributes that I may need to consider as well, with respect to my usage and the fact that I'm pretty happy with the attributes of the 2209WA,
so I'd appreciate your help,
Thanks!