Dell P2411H Review

zod96

Suspected BAD TRADER
Joined
Feb 23, 2008
Messages
2,709
Ok after calibration this monitor is pretty darn good for a TN. It looks exactly like a U2410 bezel wise. Blacks are nice and black. No backlight bleed and good color uniformity. Text is sharp and clear. This has no AG coating on it compared to the U2410. Whites look white not dirty white like on the U2410. View angles are decent, pretty good for a TN. I also notice minimal color shift if any. Played some BC2 and noticed no ghosting or lag. Its also quiet no buzzing when lower the brightness etc. Color is pretty good but not great. Out of the box it is way way to blue, its has a big blue tinge to it. I ran my spyder3 pro and its night and day difference. If you are looking for a nice all around TN panel for around $250 in the 24 inch range this is certainly one to think about. The bezel is very very thin about half the size of the U2410. The stand is exactly like the U2410. And the 2 USB ports on the side work great. I'd give this monitor a 8 out of 10. And yes I know its not an IPS but its still a good low cost alternative for people who don't not want to spend $500+ on a 24 inch IPS.
 
You have the power and tools to enlighting us!

Pics of the backlight, response time (via PixerPixAn or Digital Versus Ghosting Test) and Spyder 3 or HCFR (free) results of the best color preset and calibration plz? You can also use the BasICColor trial for everything but gamma results

[ame]http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i432/240hzTeslaStorm/LG%20W2442PA%20Eye%20One%20Match%20Calibrated/LGValidatedandcalinnormalmdoewitheyeone.png[/ame]

Most people don't own a colorimeter, if the monitor looks terrible by default and is slow (5ms TN's usually are slower than IPS) then it really isn't much use for anything but office work/casual newbs when there are cheaper ergonomically inclined TN panels with good color presets and fast response times avaliable for less.

The last big LED TN from Dell, The G2410 was fast for a 5ms TN and had very good contrast but similar color problems as well. If this has similar performance but with better color in one of the presets or by a simple OSD fix this could be a winner.
 
Last edited:
Ok after calibration this monitor is pretty darn good for a TN. It looks exactly like a U2410 bezel wise. Blacks are nice and black. No backlight bleed and good color uniformity. Text is sharp and clear. This has no AG coating on it compared to the U2410. Whites look white not dirty white like on the U2410. View angles are decent, pretty good for a TN. I also notice minimal color shift if any. Played some BC2 and noticed no ghosting or lag. Its also quiet no buzzing when lower the brightness etc. Color is pretty good but not great. Out of the box it is way way to blue, its has a big blue tinge to it. I ran my spyder3 pro and its night and day difference. If you are looking for a nice all around TN panel for around $250 in the 24 inch range this is certainly one to think about. The bezel is very very thin about half the size of the U2410. The stand is exactly like the U2410. And the 2 USB ports on the side work great. I'd give this monitor a 8 out of 10. And yes I know its not an IPS but its still a good low cost alternative for people who don't not want to spend $500+ on a 24 inch IPS.

how have u set the p2411h ?
contrast
brightness
R
G
B
sharpness
 
Ok after calibration this monitor is pretty darn good for a TN. It looks exactly like a U2410 bezel wise. Blacks are nice and black. No backlight bleed and good color uniformity. Text is sharp and clear. This has no AG coating on it compared to the U2410. Whites look white not dirty white like on the U2410. View angles are decent, pretty good for a TN. I also notice minimal color shift if any. Played some BC2 and noticed no ghosting or lag. Its also quiet no buzzing when lower the brightness etc. Color is pretty good but not great. Out of the box it is way way to blue, its has a big blue tinge to it. I ran my spyder3 pro and its night and day difference. If you are looking for a nice all around TN panel for around $250 in the 24 inch range this is certainly one to think about. The bezel is very very thin about half the size of the U2410. The stand is exactly like the U2410. And the 2 USB ports on the side work great. I'd give this monitor a 8 out of 10. And yes I know its not an IPS but its still a good low cost alternative for people who don't not want to spend $500+ on a 24 inch IPS.

Would you mind sharing with us how you calibrated this LCD?
 
I use this @ work as well as a G2410?, same panel I believe but no usb port and no rotating stand.

for a TN it's not bad, but still has all of the TN flaws, terrible off angle viewing, colors look a bit dull, and the contrast is nothing to write home about.

Alternatively, I picked up a U2412 for $280, not $500.

Thanks for the review though, if this monitor was closer to $150-$200 range it would be worth it.
 
Back
Top