Dell Outlet now has Core 2 Duo laptops

toddw

[H]ard|Gawd
Dunno how hot it is, but I was waiting for this, I figure I saved about $500 or so.

Windows MCE
E1705 with T7200 core 2 duo 4MB cache @ 2.0 GHz/677MHz FSB
17" XGA+ widescreen
Geforce Go 7900 GS 256MB
2GB ram DDR2 @677
80 GB HD @ 7200 RPM
8X dual layer DVD/CDR burner
1390 wireless

and of course the usual bloatware. Only thing good here was 36 months of PC-cillin (which I think is the best of the big 3).

$1519 shipped. This was a "previously ordered new" item that never shipped. Not smoking hot but should be fast/faster than my desktop lol. Bottom line I was waiting for the core 2 duo's on outlet and now they have them.

Looks fine to me, I was holding out for c2d macbooks but I'm debating...

That is a great price on a great laptop, I am sure you'll love you laptop. You should probably get it by the end of the week irrespective of the anticipated shipping date that outlet emailed you.

I myself bought my M90 (in sign) from dell outlet about a month back for $1588 (including tax & shipping) :D

I thought they had them for liek a month or two now?

Glow said:
I thought they had them for liek a month or two now?

nope dell outlet was only selling Core Duo's. I think you are talking about the regular retail dell. Dell outlet only sells refurbished units.

they have been selling them for at least 3 weeks tho.. i was looking at getting one before but am waiting on some coupon deals. I tried the $200 off $999 inspiron coupon today but it's strange.. cuz I customized a 14" lappy with a total of $1069 and used to coupon.. it bumped the original price up to $1269 and applied the code and gave me a total of $1069.. WTF?!?!

SOOOO.. still waiting.

ZeroH said:
they have been selling them for at least 3 weeks tho.. i was looking at getting one before but am waiting on some coupon deals. I tried the $200 off $999 inspiron coupon today but it's strange.. cuz I customized a 14" lappy with a total of $1069 and used to coupon.. it bumped the original price up to $1269 and applied the code and gave me a total of $1069.. WTF?!?!

SOOOO.. still waiting.

You are talking about dell.....

This thread is about dell outlet. You cant configure systems @ dell outlet, you just pick one from their list that fits your needs and buy it. The systems @ delloutlet.com and a lot cheaper cause they are refurbished.

logan1 said:
You are talking about dell.....

This thread is about dell outlet.....

Ahhh.. i didn't know there was a difference. Thanks!

logan1 said:
nope dell outlet was only selling Core Duo's. I think you are talking about the regular retail dell. Dell outlet only sells refurbished units.
One I am talking about sells: previously ordered new, scratch and dent and refurbished? Am I looking at a different one?

Yeah, I still think it's a reasonably good deal for the specs. This isn't a $1000 laptop. This also isn't a core duo, it's a core 2 duo.... big difference, in the neighborhood of 70% faster at equal clock speeds. I don't know who can get these specs for less... but if you can let the peeps know and post it!

Sure $1500 might be more than most would spend on a laptop.... but IMHO this is better than some XPS and Alienware laptops at almost half the price.

Anyways, just wanted you all to know they are out there. Make sure you use the drop down menu on the left to search filter for just the core 2 duos.

boscogne said:
a little bit pricey. anyone know if they fixed the battery problems?

They've been shipping out new batteries to the people who sent them in, so one would assume so.

toddw said:
This also isn't a core duo, it's a core 2 duo.... big difference, in the neighborhood of 70% faster at equal clock speeds.

More like 10%-20% difference between the core & core2 depending on what you're doing. There's no app out there where the core2 is anywhere near 70% better than the core duo. Anyway, that is a pretty good deal on that laptop. What warranty came with it for that price?

One year somthing or other... don't remember exactly, as I'm hosed anyways have to ship it from overseas as I'm stationed in Europe, but it's a year.

Banshee164 said:
More like 10%-20% difference between the core & core2 depending on what you're doing. There's no app out there where the core2 is anywhere near 70% better than the core duo. Anyway, that is a pretty good deal on that laptop. What warranty came with it for that price?

The higher performance percentage was found to be for the desktop chip. Laptop difference is more of a 5-10% difference, main advantage being 64bit and better battery life.

Back