dell or samsung

Well, with the apparent problems with blacklight and the banding issues of the 2007. Id get the samesung because IMO its better quality and you wont have those problems. Or you could always pick up a 2005fpw, mine is perfect and i love it!
 
Just be aware that particular Samsung 204b is a TN panel with the lowest viable viewing angles.
 
I don't think the Dell 2007 has any reported backlight issues, and the color banding is allegedly being fixed by a firmware update. I guess I'll find out next week when my monitor shows up.
 
Get the Samsung 204T instead of the B. Cheapest I've found it is 400 at compusa. Waiting for fall financial aid to come in before I bight the bullet.
 
apex32 said:
Well, with the apparent problems with blacklight and the banding issues of the 2007. Id get the samesung because IMO its better quality and you wont have those problems. Or you could always pick up a 2005fpw, mine is perfect and i love it!

Nearly all LCD's have a certain amount of backlight leakage. Its just not as noticeable in certain ones. The 2007wfp should have less leakage then the 2005fpw and the banding issue is suppost to be fixed with a firmware update. The 2007wfp supports Faroudja video processing like the 2407wfp as well.
 
the 204B is superior to the 204T for gaming if you like to game. I dont know about most people, but i dont bounce up and down in my chair or walk around my room while looking at my LCD so viewing angles are not really an issue here.
 
Budwise said:
the 204B is superior to the 204T for gaming if you like to game. I dont know about most people, but i dont bounce up and down in my chair or walk around my room while looking at my LCD so viewing angles are not really an issue here.

Some people like to watch DVD's on their LCD so at that point viewing angles would be an issue.
 
Back
Top